: Need some knowledgeable CTS-V people to help me

Cowboysfan8
08-22-12, 07:18 PM
I will start by saying that I do not have a CTS-V and car lingo and I do not work well together, so I apologize ahead of time. My boyfriend has a 2005 CTS-V. He has seen the new 2009 and higher CTS-V manual standard shifter knobs that have the V on it. I was wanting to surprise him for his birthday, but am paranoid if it will fit the 2005 V or not? If anyone has put the new one on or has at least knows it will fit could you please reply and let me know. I appreciate it very much!

soulja
08-22-12, 07:31 PM
Yes, the new V2 (09-12) shifter fits the V1 (04-07) shifter.

DRod
08-22-12, 08:05 PM
+1. I use a V2 shift knob on my V1 as well. Great present, BTW!

thebigjimsho
08-22-12, 08:17 PM
Yes it fits! Get him the swayde version. Match it up with a Redline Goods swayde custom shift boot!

And make sure to get the knob from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. The advertisement should be on the far right header of this page.

Aurora40
08-22-12, 08:20 PM
FYI, it doesn't just pop on. The shift knob is attached to the boot (the loose leather bit under and around the shift knob), and the plastic trim at the base. So a slight bit of work is needed to install it, from what I've read. But nothing crazy.

odthetruth
08-23-12, 03:27 AM
The shifter fits, but I wouldn't try to install it. Let him do that... because its not so simple. Doesn't always just pop off as some people might claim. And yeah, get the V2 suede shifter.

FuzzyLogic
08-23-12, 09:11 AM
I prefer the leather one, personally. Agree on the "letting him install it" part. If you're dead set on installing it yourself, we could patch a couple of build guides together for you.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/453.jpg

thebigjimsho
08-23-12, 04:28 PM
I would think more than a few guys here would want to do it for her. And poast pics!

Pho_phizzat
08-23-12, 06:55 PM
That is sweet

Cowboysfan8
09-01-12, 02:28 PM
Thank you all for helping me out!!! I ordered the knob through Luke at Lindsay and he was awesome!!! He got it to me even sooner than his estimate time. Thank you for referring me to him. Now, if it would not be too much trouble, could some please post a guide up or at least direct me to one, so if there are any issues when he is putting it on I will have the answer for him!

Thanks for your patience with an ignorant car girl haha!