: Fuel and Air Filter service intervals

Haze
08-22-12, 02:05 PM
Hey there -

Anybody know what the service and replacement intervals are for air and fuel filters on the CTS V? I have a 2011 V Wagon, and I am starting to wonder whether it is getting all the service it needs from the dealer. It has a longer start up than I would like, and it is stumbling a bit when cold (about 19,000 miles), which it didn't do previously. To me, the first thing I would like to check are the filters, but I also don't know where the fuel filter is on the car, and I would rather not have to trace the fuel system if possible. Any help you can give me is appreciated. Also, does anyone know where to get a service manual for the car?

larry arizona
08-22-12, 02:12 PM
Did you check your owners manual? Just a guess but air filter should be 25K miles and fuel filter is likely 100,000 miles

Haze
08-22-12, 02:21 PM
I did check my owners manual, and it was silent on both issues.

The only 100K filters I know of are in tank filters, which this car might use, but then it might not. I am just not familiar enough with the engineering family to say. Out of tank filters are either 15K or 30K typically.

Thanks for the reply!

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-23-12, 02:17 PM
Haze, I believe the air filter information you're looking for is indeed available on page 11-3 of your owners manual (as well as 10-16). According to your manual, you should inspect the air cleaner/filter at the maintenance intervals and then replace it at the first oil change after each 50,000 mile interval.

In the event you were talking about the passenger compartment air filter instead, please let me know!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service