Cadillac Owners Forum banner

nubie here

823 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I'm a CTS newbie here.
I just bought a 09 Caddy CTS the other day. I really like the car and so far seems to be great. The only issue is that that the car has a funny sound when you first start it. It almost sounds like starting a diesel. it makes this sound for a second or two then is gone. It does it every time but with no issues.
I love this car and the way it drives and have always wanted one. I also own a very low mileage '92 Corvette LT1 and the Caddy has a very similar drive to it except the hard "getting out issue" that the C4 Corvette has.
Could anyone tell me any issues to watch for?
The car has about 60K on it and looks very well kept for the miles on it. Of course I'm out of the bumper to bumper warrentee but still in the 100,000 power-train
Looking forward to asking question if any arrive and hope this turns out to be a great car since I've been a Ford owner for the last ten years...LOL

#2 ·
Read around this forum and you will garner lots of information.

The noise may be the everyday noise from our engines being Direct Injection (DI). It makes a little noise that seems "in sync" with engine speed (at idle, when you can hear it outside the car easily). Our engines use oil, so be sure to check the oil level on a regular basis. That is your biggest concern immediately.

Welcome Aboard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.