: "guide lines" on Nav Screen?

FinestKind-CTS-V
08-22-12, 11:03 AM
Hi Guys, new 2012 CTS-V sedan owner, LOVE THIS CAR!96412

Question: when you put it in reverse and your screen pops-up, do you get superimposed yellow "guide-lines" on the TV picture, or is it just a clean screen showing whatever is behind you?

My car just shows a clean screen, but my buddies SRX shows the "guide-lines" on his nav screen...
Different system or is there a way to turn on the guidelines on the CTS-V?

one_tracker
08-22-12, 11:15 AM
Subscribed.

1997BlackETC
08-22-12, 11:33 AM
Nope, no guide lines just the camera picture, the srx has a different nav system in it.

hcvone
08-22-12, 11:35 AM
No guide lines on my 13' ctsv coupe, but have had them on my Escalade's since 11', and the camera has a much sharper pic on the Escalade's

hulksdaddy
08-22-12, 11:43 AM
My wife's '12 Equinox has the lines. I like them, wish they had them on my V.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-23-12, 11:07 AM
I see your navigation question has already been answered, FinestKind-CTS-V, but please feel free to contact me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you have any additional questions!

Many congratulations on your purchase!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1997BlackETC
08-23-12, 01:33 PM
The good news is the beeper works really good when you start getting really close to whatever is behind you, it starts beeping really fast when you get within 3 feet or so. Try intentially backing up close to something slowly to familiarize yourself with it.

larry arizona
08-23-12, 03:03 PM
Do you really need a back-up camera on a V? Have we evloved to such bad drivers that all cars need a camera with lines to tell us what is behind us? I dont even like the back up sensors because the sensors look stupid in the bumper cover. We are men and me are supposed to be good drivers who pay attention to there surroundings when backing up. Totally understand a camera on a Suburban with a soccer mom driving or maybe for backing up to hook up a trailer.

Now if the camera can record you pulling away from the vehicle your racing, that would be a worthy option.

1997BlackETC
08-23-12, 11:01 PM
I feel it comes in handy. Now when I drive my truck and put it in reverse I'm looking to the dash for the screen, which there is none. I may have to put a aftermarket double din into that truck now that I'm spoiled by a backup camera.

hulksdaddy
08-23-12, 11:08 PM
Do you really need a back-up camera on a V? Have we evloved to such bad drivers that all cars need a camera with lines to tell us what is behind us? I dont even like the back up sensors because the sensors look stupid in the bumper cover. We are men and me are supposed to be good drivers who pay attention to there surroundings when backing up. Totally understand a camera on a Suburban with a soccer mom driving or maybe for backing up to hook up a trailer.

Now if the camera can record you pulling away from the vehicle your racing, that would be a worthy option.

C'mon grandpa, we likes our toys!