: New owner

Gary Veeeee
08-21-12, 09:59 PM
Hello my name is Gary I live in New York upstate in Albany. Just purchased my new CTS coupe red with gray interior and I love it. This is unbelievably fast ,it's crazy fast ,definitely going to enjoy this car. I have one question last night after I picked it up started to rain .Went
out to dinner brought the car back home and was outside and happen to look at the headlights . Headlights were fogged inside the lenses. Now after I cleaned it up today I can see water stains inside the lenses from the fog evaporation obviously. Does mean I have a leak in both headlights seals ? I didn't have time to call the dealer today plus I wanted to let them cool down , I made them replace some can cosmetic parts that had scratches in them and change one of the rims from another vehicle in stock due to a fairly large Nick in the rim. Thanks

Thunder Gray STS
08-21-12, 10:34 PM
Mine was like that, new. It is the only thing it has been in the shop for. Mine was so bad, the driver side light would not ignite, the dealer replaced both of them, no problems now. You will likely need to take it in and let them fix that.

1997BlackETC
08-21-12, 10:43 PM
It depends on the dealer, a lot of dealers will do nothing for this problem saying it is normal and that GM has a fairly new policy against replacing them unless they have standing water in them and goldfish swimming around, lol. I have a new GM truck and the dealer would not replace the headlight even though the plastic was fogging up so bad you could not see the headlight bulb.

Gary Veeeee
08-21-12, 11:11 PM
I think it's BS I'm definitely calling the dealer tomorrow I want both replaced. Not for this kind of money spent....

Thunder Gray STS
08-21-12, 11:44 PM
Make sure they are nice and fogged when you take it in. According to the dealer here, there is a certain amount of time it should take them to defog. If it takes longer than that time (headlights on) Cadillac will replace them, at least it is what they told me, and they replaced both sides, no bitching required.

Gary Veeeee
08-22-12, 11:50 AM
Make sure they are nice and fogged when you take it in. According to the dealer here, there is a certain amount of time it should take them to defog. If it takes longer than that time (headlights on) Cadillac will replace them, at least it is what they told me, and they replaced both sides, no bitching required.

I called the dealer this morning the service manager here told me the lenses are vented. You're absolutely right , there is a bulletin on this problem and he said the same thing if defogging doesn't go away within 15 minutes then there's a problem. But the fogging in my scenario not talking about overnight condensation, I have been driving the car for a few hours and were fogged while the headlights were on. Well, I'll have him check it when I bring in for that work that needs to be done. I have another question how much do the tires go for these cars I have a feeling I'm going to go through tires quick on it ha ha

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-22-12, 02:57 PM
Gary, I'm sorry you've been experiencing these headlight concerns so soon after your purchase! If you'd like me to follow up with your dealer at any point in the process, please let me know, and I will investigate for you. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho
08-22-12, 06:13 PM
Most of us have this under the right circumstances. No matter how much moisture, it will never affect the light dispersion since the light output is hot enough to dissolve any standing moisture. Don't look at the lenses after a rain and you'll be fine...

Trapspeed
08-22-12, 06:48 PM
FWIW, this happened to me, too. The only time it's happened is after a hard rain and after parking in the garage which drove the humidity sky high. They dried out after the humidity settled down.

thebigjimsho
08-22-12, 06:52 PM
Exactly, it won't be everytime that it rains...

Gary Veeeee
08-22-12, 07:35 PM
Yeah, now that you mention it that night was extremely humid very warm type of rain. I did talk to the dealer they're going to check it out for me at least I got an on the books.

Gary Veeeee
08-22-12, 07:42 PM
Thanks for all your replies. This forum is great and will be extremely helpful with this car I'm still learning how to use it I can't believe how many features it has its amazing. Also please excuse any errors I make on this forum I'm trying to get the settings right. I've tried to download photos of the car and it keeps saying I have to resize. The only photo that came through was picture of my Harley . I'll get it thanks again....

Gary Veeeee
08-22-12, 08:04 PM
Gary, I'm sorry you've been experiencing these headlight concerns so soon after your purchase! If you'd like me to follow up with your dealer at any point in the process, please let me know, and I will investigate for you. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Thank you Katie, the dealer , Otto Cadillac has been great they are a real top-notch dealer that takes care of their customers.