: What are the best products for cleaning?

06WhiteDiamond
08-21-12, 06:47 PM
Hey fellow STS owners,

I am quite curious as to what products members recommend for cleaning their Caddy's. In general i am looking for two products to clean my STS. What soap do you recommend for exterior washes? and what product do you find best for cleaning the rims? My STS4 is a 2006 with the 17" wheels which i believe are clear coated, should i be careful on using certain wheel cleaners that may leave the wheels hazed etc???

Thanks in advance.

EChas3
08-21-12, 08:21 PM
Any good car soap is fine; very mild. Don't use dishwashing soap unless you want to remove all wax.

If you choose to wax your car and/or use other procedures, you'll get a lot of different opinions.

dannyquest
08-21-12, 11:22 PM
Waxed my 06 STS white diamond yesterday. haven't done it in over a year. Used paste Turtle wax. Today got caught in a down pour. Water beaded right up. Came home & used a towel wiped it clean. This brand hold pretty good for me. Danny

Submariner409
08-21-12, 11:32 PM
You can also pick up a lot of info down in Discussions, Appearance and Detailing

DarkMingBlueSTS
08-22-12, 12:22 AM
I use meguiars For everything (interior and exterior) and armor all tire gel

Charles Warren
08-22-12, 06:46 AM
Whatevers onsale in walmart. Rain x meguiars blue coral hell mr clean. And interior i use sandys's trick dove soap and pledge, and any carpet cleaner

06WhiteDiamond
08-22-12, 11:50 AM
Thanks for chiming in guys, i was looking for product specific recommendations. I know the Buick Regal forum i used to attend many members recommended a purple meguires exterior soap which i believe may not be discontinued as i have not seen that product in some time now. For interior cleaning i use leatherique which i highly recommend. I have yet to find a good product for exterior washes and a solid wheel cleaner.

rnkath08
08-22-12, 12:42 PM
I like Race Glaze for washing LAS Wash (land air and sea).....great product and Collinite Wax

rnkath08
08-22-12, 12:42 PM
also a good hand glaze is handy with a black or dark care...Norton's makes a nice liquid ice product

06WhiteDiamond
08-30-12, 01:13 PM
What is a safe product to use to clean the 17" wheels? Are they just polished aluminum, or are they clear coated?