: Got My V Wagon!

pank
08-20-12, 08:54 PM
Well, I finally took the leap and got my V wagon! Traded in my 2012 SRT8 Jeep, no buyers remorse here. I absolutely love this car........2012 Black Diamond with all the options. I really want to start modding this thing right now but I am a little nervous....lol Anyone know of any places in the DC area that does work on these cars? My last 3 cars have been SRT8's so this is a new world for me.

seandalal
08-20-12, 09:30 PM
Looks Awesome! I dont know anyone in particular but i bought my car from lindsay in VA, and their parts store has some mods

WA 2 FST
08-20-12, 09:53 PM
Congrats! I had a 300C SRT8 for a couple of years, and still have my SRT-10 truck. But you will absolutely love the V.

Trapspeed
08-20-12, 09:59 PM
Congrats! I had a 300C SRT8 for a couple of years but you will absolutely love the V.

Couldn't agree more as I was in the same boat. Loved the 300, am enamored with the V. Great car...one of the best.

one_tracker
08-20-12, 11:13 PM
Congrats! I came from a Magnum RT, really liking my Black Diamond Vagon.

V-swagon
08-20-12, 11:25 PM
Congrats on the V wagon. I just traded in my 09 V for a black diamond V wagon 2 days ago. I love it and I'm sure you'll too.

PeteK
08-21-12, 12:03 AM
Nice-looking car! Welcome to the group.

simgolfer
08-21-12, 01:00 AM
Sweet ride. Enjoy the supercharger whine.

SoCal_V
08-21-12, 04:00 AM
Sweet ride. Enjoy the supercharger whine.

Add an Air Raid or similar cold air induction, and THEN enjoy the supercharger whine :bouncy:

OP--looks sharp, enjoy!

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-21-12, 01:33 PM
Congratulations and welcome to Cadillac, pank! Many happy miles to you and your V Wagon!

Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

1997BlackETC
08-21-12, 05:10 PM
Wow, you must have taken a bath on the 2012 Jeep SRT being so new. Anyhow good luck with the V, make sure to get your diff fluid checked and don't let em put more than 6 quarts of oil in the car your first oil change, with these cars the middle part of the stick is the full mark, I found out the hard way, they put 7 quarts in my car and overfilled it. Now I find out the pass front fender has to be removed due to it's being outta alingment and the rear end is making a louder and louder whining sound, they refused to check the diff oil when I first got the car saying it should be ok, now I'm not so sure, going to get it changed tomorrow to be safe. I'm actually having a little buyers remorse with my car I got a couple months ago thinking I'd be fine just driving my 5.3 chevy colorado truck all the time and I coulda saved myself 67 grand and a lot of worry.

Yellowlab
08-21-12, 05:11 PM
Congrats on your new ride. I just picked up my 2013 V-Wagon (diamond white) last night. Great ride and I can't wait to get into the pedal.

Willie

pank
08-21-12, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys! I am enjoying it.

Xaqtly
08-21-12, 05:29 PM
Congrats on your new ride. I just picked up my 2013 V-Wagon (diamond white) last night. Great ride and I can't wait to get into the pedal.

Thanks guys! I am enjoying it.

First things first guys... plastidip those grilles.

http://xaqtly.com/ctsv/dip14.jpg

Check it out (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-appearance-mods/253780-plastidipped-grille-side-vents-white-diamond.html) :)

pank
08-21-12, 05:44 PM
Ah yes Plastidip! I keep hearing about this stuff and how it peels off when you want to remove it. My question is how long does it last before it looks horrible and starts to peel? It looks very good, im gonna have to do my research!

Xaqtly
08-21-12, 06:40 PM
I don't know from personal experience how long it takes before/if/when it starts peeling off, I've had mine for about 5, almost 6 months now and probably 8000-9000 miles and there isn't even the slightest sign of wear and tear, even on very close inspection. I don't have any long term experience with it though.

pank
08-21-12, 07:52 PM
Im gonna give it a try, I really want to do my wheels since I couldn't get the Satin wheels from the factory. I may practice on an emblem first and see how it goes.

V locity
08-21-12, 08:09 PM
The Vagon looks great. Welcome & enjoy the ride (before the us modding demons corrupt you):devil:

flatrockguy
08-21-12, 08:10 PM
Welcome.. I came from a 09 Charger SRT8 and don't regret anything. This car is a real beast...

Junior1
08-21-12, 08:29 PM
Hands down in the DC area, Lindsay Cadillac is the place to get anything done whether its warranty work or installing parts
Luke in Parts, Mike in Service and Rob for mechanical.

and I drive down from NY...

pank
08-21-12, 08:35 PM
Hands down in the DC area, Lindsay Cadillac is the place to get anything done whether its warranty work or installing parts
Luke in Parts, Mike in Service and Rob for mechanical.

and I drive down from NY...

Wow, really....so they will do aftermarket work? I will have to go and give them a look! I won't be far from there tomorrow. They may be able to get me a good price on the black wheels.

seandalal
08-21-12, 08:59 PM
editing post-spoke to pank on the rims!

Stillborn
08-21-12, 11:44 PM
good luck on the new v. happy modding!

MacBuster
08-29-12, 03:36 PM
Well, I finally took the leap and got my V wagon! Traded in my 2012 SRT8 Jeep, no buyers remorse here. I absolutely love this car........2012 Black Diamond with all the options. I really want to start modding this thing right now but I am a little nervous....lol Anyone know of any places in the DC area that does work on these cars? My last 3 cars have been SRT8's so this is a new world for me.

Care to say what you paid?