: 95 seville code P039

ptscaddy1
12-09-04, 11:39 AM
Update to previous post. Have put about 600 miles on car since this code came on & just as Ranger said llittle loss in avg, mpg but otherwise runs ok. Does any one have additional info regarding torque converter or had experience with this code. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Ranger
12-09-04, 12:27 PM
Do a search for torque converter, tcc or vcc and look for Bboynski's posts. You should find a wealth of information.

caddydaddy
12-09-04, 01:51 PM
There is a upgraded EPROM chip for the 94 and 95 Northstar powered Cadillacs that can fix this. Most of the time the problem is the computer doesn't account for the excess time delay of the TCC due to mileage and wear. The new chip allows for more time and the code shouldn't come back.
It worked for my 94 Concours!

MARK GREK
12-10-04, 03:40 AM
Update to previous post. Have put about 600 miles on car since this code came on & just as Ranger said llittle loss in avg, mpg but otherwise runs ok. Does any one have additional info regarding torque converter or had experience with this code. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Yes I have, I also have a 95 SLS it came up twice in 60,000 miles. I would'nt worry about it. Just clear it and drive it. It will be time to worry when your shift solenoids go as mine did about a month ago. I worried about it at first but has'nt showed up in about a year now.

BeelzeBob
12-10-04, 02:14 PM
The updated service prom for the code 39 applies only to the mid 90 4T80E's that had VCC. The L37 engines in 93/94/early95 had a torque converter clutch instead of the viscous converter clutch and the prom does not apply to them. The 94 and 95 and later LD8 cars have the viscous converter clutch and the prom applies to them only.