: Turn signal flasher is too loud!

sailingdude
08-18-12, 05:50 PM
My turn signal sound on my 2006 STS is too loud. Can the flasher be replaced with one that has a softer sound? If so, where can I get one. My 2006 DTS has a quieter turn signal flasher than my STS of the same year.

B1n2fra
08-18-12, 08:01 PM
It can be turned down inn the on screen settings

EChas3
08-18-12, 09:15 PM
This sound is produced by the radio. Turn down the Chime Volume either through the radio or Nav by following the manual. If you don't have one, download the pdf (see Sticky thread). There is a separate Nav manual for cars so equipped.

curtc
08-18-12, 11:29 PM
:yeah:

Just tried it, very noticeable difference...but mine was already on normal...high is extremely obnoxious, guess that setting is for the old folks that are hard of hearing :) not that many don't forget it on for blocks anyways...

burkewm
08-19-12, 12:56 PM
:yeah:

Just tried it, very noticeable difference...but mine was already on normal...high is extremely obnoxious, guess that setting is for the old folks that are hard of hearing :) not that many don't forget it on for blocks anyways...

Or don't use it in the first place!

curtc
08-19-12, 01:09 PM

True that!

sailingdude
08-20-12, 11:22 AM
My turn signal sound on my 2006 STS is too loud. Can the flasher be replaced with one that has a softer sound? If so, where can I get one. My 2006 DTS has a quieter turn signal flasher than my STS of the same year.

I thought for sure it was the "flasher" in the fuse box, but when I turned down the chime, as recommended, it made the turn signal sound more quiet! Thanks for the suggestion.

Ludacrisvp
08-20-12, 11:44 AM

Then the caddy will be mistaken for a BMW... I think I've seen maybe 10 BMW drivers use a turn signal in my 10 years of driving.