: 08 STS bushing problem

studio caddi
08-18-12, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy a good set of aftermarket bushings that are a better quality material than the stock bushings ? I am not familiar with aftermarket bushings for the 08 STS any any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated . Thanks !

curtc
08-18-12, 11:41 AM
1 question, bushings for what??

studio caddi
08-18-12, 07:12 PM
Bushings for the suspension .

curtc
08-18-12, 07:19 PM
Control arm bushings?

studio caddi
08-19-12, 12:21 AM
I need to replace all the cars bushings !Suspension , transmission etc . I want to replace all the bushings in the car with better quality aftermarket bushings because none of the bushings in the car hold up on the racetrack ,

curtc
08-19-12, 12:31 AM
Sorry, don't know of many companies offering any aftermarket anything for these cars...you picked the wrong car to turn into a race car.

Ludacrisvp
08-19-12, 02:46 AM
I guess I would say the should've got the V ... doesn't it have some beefier suspension components too?

C&C
08-19-12, 06:03 AM
I can't help you, but if I were looking to do as you want to do, I would Google urethane bushings, find a manufacturer (or supplier) and give them a call. I would think that bushing sizes would be shared with many different make/type vehicles.

studio caddi
01-12-13, 12:47 AM
I ended up going to my favorite tuner shop who replaced all bushings in my car with urethan bushings . I also replaced the springs with D3 STS sport springs .

orange57
01-12-13, 01:37 AM
Just out of curiosity, what kind of racing are you doing? Seems like there may be better choices of lighter cars with more power for racing. Do you have a Standard or the V? 3.6 or Northstar?

studio caddi
01-13-13, 08:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, what kind of racing are you doing? Seems like there may be better choices of lighter cars with more power for racing. Do you have a Standard or the V? 3.6 or Northstar?

I'm not racing any more but the size of the STS was needed . The car is mainly being used as a camera car and we needed a top speed of at least 150 and the room for a camera crew and equipment . The car was a 3.6 V6 but it had a lot of work done so we could drop an LS6 under the hood .

orange57
01-14-13, 12:43 AM
If you have dropped an LS6 under there, I would like to see some photos. That is a hell of an engine swap.

Ludacrisvp
01-14-13, 01:08 PM
If you have dropped an LS6 under there, I would like to see some photos. That is a hell of an engine swap.

I agree. Would be nice to see that! Also to know the steps taken (even if they were somewhat of a general list of main modifications to make it work.)