: CPO Warranty expiring

golfin0304
08-18-12, 08:34 AM
My CPO warranty with the Cadillac dealership (6years/100,000 mile) expires 9-4-2012. Is there another warranty out there to get or is that it?

curtc
08-18-12, 11:42 AM
You can get extended third party warranties, spendy, but they're out there.

RippyPartsDept
08-18-12, 01:33 PM
check with you dealer to see if you can get a GMPP extended warranty

you will need to sign up before the CPO runs out

that would be the best choice (IMHO)

if you don't like the offer that they are giving you there are other dealers that will sell you a GMPP online (bill black comes to mind)

it can be shopped around but there will be a bottom price that no dealer will go below

curtc
08-18-12, 01:44 PM
Agreed, GMPP would be the way to go since the OP is still under factory warranty.

KRSTS
08-18-12, 01:45 PM
:helpless:You can only add a GMPP CPO extension up until one year past the expiration of the factory B2B warranty. I know because I just added one on the last day ofeligibilty. Your only recourse now is to find an aftermarket warranty. BTW, the GMPP extension, even at a steep discount, cost me well over $2K. Can't even guess what an aftermarket would cost.

curtc
08-18-12, 01:48 PM
:helpless:You can only add a GMPP CPO extension up until one year past the expiration of the factory B2B warranty. I know because I just added one on the last day ofeligibilty. Your only recourse now is to find an aftermarket warranty. BTW, the GMPP extension, even at a steep discount, cost me well over $2K. Can't even guess what an aftermarket would cost.

My 3 yr/36k extended warranty, bought at 71k, cost me just under $3k through the Ford dealer I bought the car from....has already covered over $1,500 in repairs since the end of May. Warranty is through Ford, it's called Ford ESP.

RippyPartsDept
08-18-12, 01:58 PM
it's worth checking just to make sure the policy hasn't changed

EChas3
08-18-12, 06:41 PM
I've done a lot of business with one dealer and they use Zurich for their aftermarket extended warranties. You can basically set your terms and it's priced accordingly. They make a small fee on it but it's basically an insurance policy. If there's a dealer you trust, ask them.

Otherwise, shop it out. Everything is negotiable but you're usually better off with a policy that specifies exclusions. They cover everthng else... A lot with these cars...

Check the company, too. There are some bogus ones...