: Anyone else ready for College Football to Start?

chucks CTS
08-17-12, 09:57 PM
Hope this not already out there! But anyone else as ready as i am for college Football if so who your favorite team? Mine is Tennessee. Vols & while watching some NFL Preseason its just giving me the itch! NFL is ok but i think College football better to watch! If you prefer NFL then whos favorite NFL team?

vincentm
08-17-12, 10:03 PM
Hate it when football season starts, it means the end of summer and baseball

orconn
08-17-12, 10:48 PM
Not much of a college (or pro) football fan, not against it or anything, just have had other things to do! Now I will say one good thoing about college footbal season, there always seems to be a lull in the traffic on Saturday afternoon. That's always something to look forward to!

brandondeleo
08-18-12, 04:13 AM
Eh. I'm in college and don't care about college football. :lol:

cadillac kevin
08-18-12, 10:36 AM
Eh. I'm in college and don't care about college football. :lol:

^this

rodnok01
08-19-12, 07:01 PM
College football is way better than the pros. You can find me glued to the couch any time a good game is on.
I can get into just about any game regardless of teams playing.

Playdrv4me
08-19-12, 07:13 PM
College football is way better than the pros. You can find me glued to the couch any time a good game is on.
I can get into just about any game regardless of teams playing.

I've heard this before and I'm not sure I understand it. Now mind you, I'm not into sports at all, but if the fundamentals of the game are essentially the same, and college football isn't known for some kind of entertaining shenanigans (like the brawls in hockey or occasionally even baseball) versus pro, what's so much better about it?

hueterm
08-19-12, 07:51 PM
Zero interest in college or pro football. Zero. None.

drewsdeville
08-19-12, 10:10 PM
I've heard this before and I'm not sure I understand it. Now mind you, I'm not into sports at all, but if the fundamentals of the game are essentially the same, and college football isn't known for some kind of entertaining shenanigans (like the brawls in hockey or occasionally even baseball) versus pro, what's so much better about it?

Pro players are getting paid no matter how they perform - you just don't find the same type of passion, effort, and drive from the pros as you do from the college teams who still have a lot to strive for.

That said, I agree. College is MUCH more exciting to watch.

chucks CTS
08-19-12, 10:22 PM
Om
Pro players are getting paid no matter how they perform - you just don't find the same type of passion, effort, and drive from the pros as you do from the college teams who still have a lot to strive for.

That said, I agree. College is MUCH more exciting to watch.

Thats my thoughts exactly! Because some seem like once they got the big checks they dont care or try. Unless its time for a contract negotiations. I guess Albert Haynesworth have to be best example of this. About 4-5 years ago his last yr under current contract he has an Hall of Fame like season then gets something like $100million dollar contract with Washington & since then he does nothing but whine & complain. Dont even know if he still in the league last i had heard he was at Tamba Bay but sure wont last long if he doesnt get what he wants he wont do anything! College kids still play with alot of heart & passion. Its not turned into business or work atmosphere. That just my 2 cents between NFL OR NCAA.

MrHolland
08-19-12, 10:32 PM
No!!
-----It delays the local news

dqw1
08-22-12, 09:05 AM
Roll Tide!