: Bird Strikes - Black Diamond Paint?

Zhariak
08-17-12, 01:11 PM
Ok, so here's something odd... Thought I'd mention it and see if anyone else noticed this.

I drove a black escalade for 5 years, no issues with birds with the exception of a hawk once dive bombing me at a stop sign when I was stopped. All good.

So Fast forward to now... I've had my CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond with chrome shiny rims for about a month now... EVERYWHERE I go, birds are suicide diving my car... Usually when I'm doing 60km/h or higher, I miss them, but just recently I was in my residential area doing 30km/h and a flock of 12 small birdies came flying at my car, one ran in to my windshield (thankfully I was going slow, noone behind me so I slammed on brakes just before he hit). The cute little guy was fine and just took off and caught up with his crew.

I still find this bizarre, it happens 2-3 times a day, haha. Is anyone else with black diamond paint noticing this?

And P.S. Sorry for the stupid thread, it's just crazy how often this is happening!

smackdownCTSV
08-17-12, 01:17 PM
Probably has something to do with the feminine sparkly paint and the odd looking rear of the Coupe. Just a guess.

hulksdaddy
08-17-12, 01:42 PM
Birds fly. They recognize other things that fly.

It's like old people flocking to 4-door sedans.

Trapspeed
08-18-12, 07:59 AM
Quit waxing that bad boy so much!! :p

V locity
08-18-12, 04:09 PM
It's a batmobile! Try driving it at night & see what happens:)

Zhariak
08-18-12, 06:39 PM
It's a batmobile! Try driving it at night & see what happens:)

I did that last night for the first time since I've owned it... Let my little brother drive. Got quite a bit of attention :)

Thankfully no bird strikes, almost a few people strikes though (drunkards walking on to road heh).

BWhite58
08-18-12, 06:57 PM
You should see what the birds do to Plastic Dipped cars .