: Why are the new ATS seats more comfortable than the CTS-V seats?

Moparman4444
08-17-12, 11:53 AM
Yesterday I got the change to seethe new 2013 ATS. The standard leather seats look Waaaaaaaay more comfortable than the Recaro or standard CTS-V seats IMHO. What gives Caddy?

Can I replace my Recaro seats with the new ATS seats????? if so I would love to do so. They are comfortable, supportive on the sides, and I could easily tolorate them on a cross country trip. I don't think I could say the same for the Recaro's.

allinmyhead
08-17-12, 12:35 PM
The standard leather seats look Waaaaaaaay more comfortable

Look?!? Srsly? :rolleyes:

I'm hoping you mean felt. I'm not particularly interested in if seats look like they're comfortable or not.

What gives Caddy?

Not sure I understand the logic here; Cadillac should make their newest design inferior to a five year old design?

larry arizona
08-17-12, 03:34 PM
because things evolve.

Jinx
08-17-12, 04:58 PM
Cadillac's website tells me they're unable to locate an ATS in my area. I look forward to the day a local dealer has one for me to compare to the CTS-V Recaros....

Anybody else done butt-to-butt comparisons yet?

RippyPartsDept
08-17-12, 05:23 PM
ATS should be hitting dealer lots before the end of the month some dealers may not see their first ATS until the beginning of Sept though

simgolfer
08-17-12, 08:43 PM
Hard to compare just sitting in a car on a showroom floor. When you are pulling 1g around a corner and after a long drive, then we can see which is better.

larry arizona
08-17-12, 08:44 PM
ATS has a supplier problem at the moment, going to be awhile before you see them filling the lots. The V is still some time off.

Mr. LCP
08-17-12, 09:29 PM
I wish my CTS-V (standard seats) had the standard seats in my Acura MDX. They have more support, accomodate a wide range of body sizes and would be fine as a one size fits all seat to take the place of both seats in the CTS-V, whether on the road or on the track.

larry arizona
08-17-12, 09:38 PM
ATS production will be at a trickle until early october when they plan to go full tilt buggy (130% production) for 3 months to catch up for the stalled launch.

JFJr
08-17-12, 09:53 PM
I wish my CTS-V (standard seats) had the standard seats in my Acura MDX. They have more support, accomodate a wide range of body sizes and would be fine as a one size fits all seat to take the place of both seats in the CTS-V, whether on the road or on the track.I don't understand criticism of 2008 technology vs. 2012 technology. The CTS-V isn't an iPad. Perhaps an Acura sedan is where you should be. I have Recaro seats and they seem to cover the gap. Still awesome to this date.

Jud

Squirlz
08-18-12, 08:24 AM
I've sat in them. Just another seat. But as long as they LOOk comfortable....

thebigjimsho
08-18-12, 03:48 PM
I just went to Jordan's Furniture. They had a full recliner. I didn't sit in it, but it LOOKED soooo comfortable. Why does Caddy not have Barcaloungers?

Just did 3600 miles in my V going from MA to MN, and back. Did 1050 miles in one day out with a couple 700 mile days back. In Recaros. In SUPREME comfort.

FLTRI
08-19-12, 01:05 AM
Why does Caddy not have Barcaloungers?

They did. In 1973.

My Dad had one. Worst. Car. Ever...

Trapspeed
08-19-12, 08:20 AM
True that. At one point, there was a '75 Fleetwood Talisman in our driveway. 21' bumper to bumper. 500 ci. engine. What a boat.

marktanner
08-19-12, 12:39 PM
I sat in an ATS Premium a few weeks ago. The seats were indeed very comfortable, much more so than the base CTS seats, IMO. The seat bolsters were more supportive than the base CTS seats, too, though they were not nearly as supportive as the Recaros in my car. One will have to drive the car to see whether they are adequately bolstered for track, or even back-road work. I do find my Recaros to be very comfortable too, especially after long drives. The ATS sport seats do appear to be a pretty good compromise for most people, though I hope a more aggressively bolstered sport seat will be available for the ATS-V.

thebigjimsho
08-19-12, 04:47 PM
Anything has to be more comfortable than the base V seats...