: Pairing Iphone

Umair_k
08-17-12, 06:10 AM
How do you guys do it??? i followed the steps stated - but when i say "Bluetooth" it doesnt happen! Any issues with this that i am not aware off?

cruiser68
08-17-12, 10:52 AM
Worked like a charm for me. Are you hitting the button on the mirror or the steering wheel? IIRC I used the steering wheel button and it worked first try.

Umair_k
08-17-12, 06:13 PM
On the wheel ... followed the instructions properly ... but every time i say "bluetooth" to pair the phone - it goes on call mode. :S

phickson
08-18-12, 10:09 AM
Pairing a Phone
1. Press and hold button (telephone handset and person speaking) for two seconds: For vehicles without a navigation system, the system responds with “Ready” followed by a tone. For vehicles with a navigation system, the system responds with a tone. After the tone say “Hands Free”. The system responds with “Ready” followed by a tone.
2. Say “Bluetooth”. The system responds with “Bluetooth ready” followed by a tone.
3. Say “Pair”. The system responds with instructions and a four digit PIN number. The PIN number will be used in Step 4.
4. Start the Pairing process on the cell phone that will be paired to the vehicle. Reference the cell phone manufacturers user guide for information on this process.
Locate the device named “General Motors” in the list on the cellular phone and follow the instructions on the cell phone to enter the four digit PIN number that was provided in Step 3.
5. The system prompts for a name for the phone. Use a name that best describes the phone. This name will be used to indicate which phone is connected. The system then confirms the name provided.
6. The system responds with “<Phone name> has been successfully paired” after the pairing process is complete.
7. Repeat Steps 1 through 7 for additional phones to be paired.

Umair_k
08-19-12, 10:03 AM
I tried this - will try one more time.

After the 2nd step it starts asking me "call?"

Will try the above again and see. Doubt it will work.

FLTRI
08-19-12, 11:29 AM
I have found the voice recognition software to be somewhat lacking.

I have to speak very loud, and be sure to pronounce each word very carefully, or it does not recognize what I'm saying. I mean no disrespect, but I suspect it could be your accent that is causing issues. Be sure all the windows are up, A/C fan is off, there is no background noise and speak slowly, carefully and succinctly. Also, be sure you wait for the beep, before you say the command.

Umair_k
08-19-12, 01:07 PM
I was thinking of the same, my accent, but have had no issues in other vehicles, and the system in cadillac picks up step 1 perfectly fine. but the moment i say "bluetooth" it says "sorry no route information" - what could that be?

Umair_k
08-20-12, 06:15 AM
Got it done!

STUPID ME - I always had the engine running and was in P position - but still - the engine has to be off and key fob on ignition position. got it done in no time!

Glad that one more thing done and out of the way!

Now the next thing i need to do is program the garage door opener and couple of more bits - have started other threads for it.