: Check engine light

carterb
08-16-12, 07:49 PM
When I got into my car after work today and started it, the check engine light came on. Called Onstar on the way home and they ran diagnostics and told me it was an emissions control malfunction (car seems to be hesitating slightly) and told me that if it didn't reset in 7 cycles then schedule an appointment. Just turned over 8000 miles in 8 months. I scheduled an appointment to the dealer for Monday ... oh well.

larry arizona
08-16-12, 08:14 PM
Most common is a rear 02 sensor not reading properly. Its likely nothing and they will clear it for you and it wont happen again. I had one pop up, cleared it and it never came back.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-17-12, 06:21 PM
Carterb, please let us know how your dealership appointment goes! If you'd like me to follow-up with your dealer at any point, please feel free to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

carterb
05-27-13, 11:41 AM
The check engine light cleared last August with no issues. Car wasn't serviced. Update - The light just popped on again this morning (15k miles now) . Called OnStar again and they told me that it was emission control malfunction again, if doesn't clear in 7 cycles, then schedule an appointment. We'll see what happens ...

austin
05-27-13, 12:27 PM
The check engine light cleared last August with no issues. Car wasn't serviced. Update - The light just popped on again this morning (15k miles now) . Called OnStar again and they told me that it was emission control malfunction again, if doesn't clear in 7 cycles, then schedule an appointment. We'll see what happens ...

Something to try.. Check the gas cap... If its not twisted on tight it will set an emission code.

USAFRET
05-27-13, 03:03 PM
What code is it throwing? I had a persistent CEL and eventually they wound p replacing the O2 sensors and all the cats.

carterb
05-27-13, 09:34 PM
I didn't get the code. Not sure how to get it without a scanner.

carterb
06-09-13, 04:58 PM
I got it fixed at the dealer last Tuesday. The codes were P0442 Evap Emission Small Leak and P0449 Evap Emission Control Vent Valve/Solenoid malfunction. They replaced the Evap vent/solenoid valve near the gas tank - said it was leaking through. Said that this cleared the codes. (Service tech also mentioned there was a bulletin out on this issue.) So far so good ...

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 12:47 PM
I got it fixed at the dealer last Tuesday. The codes were P0442 Evap Emission Small Leak and P0449 Evap Emission Control Vent Valve/Solenoid malfunction. They replaced the Evap vent/solenoid valve near the gas tank - said it was leaking through. Said that this cleared the codes. (Service tech also mentioned there was a bulletin out on this issue.) So far so good ...

Hello carterb,

Thank you for updating us on your situation. I am happy to hear the dealership was able to diagnose and fix your issues. If there are ever additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us. Enjoy driving your Cadillac :)

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service