Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Brakes and warranty

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rlh6805 
#1 ·
My 09 SRX is still covered under the original 5 year 50k mile bumper to bumper warranty. I have just noticed that there is a pulsation felt under breaking at higher speeds indicating that the front brake rotors are warped. Looking at what is covered under the warranty is seems that the rotors would be. What would be my best approch with the dealer to get them to replace the rotors and pads. I don't have an issue paying for the pads myself (as there are a maintenance item) but would think that if they would replace the rotors under warranty that all of the labor would be covered since the pads need to be removed to take the rotors off.

#2 ·
Get your service writer or a tech to ride with you to demonstrate pulsation, then let them measure rotors for run-out. Should be covered.

the pads need to be removed to take the rotors off.
Well, no they don't but it's about a 5 minute job to do it.

#4 ·
Get your service writer or a tech to ride with you to demonstrate pulsation, then let them measure rotors for run-out. Should be covered.

Well, no they don't but it's about a 5 minute job to do it.
glake89 said
"Get your service writer or a tech to ride with you to demonstrate pulsation, then let them measure rotors for run-out. Should be covered.

Well, no they don't but it's about a 5 minute job to do it."

Not doubting your word, well really I guess I am, you can remove the rotors without removing the pads?

Thanks

Bill
I just checked the service manual and the pads are held in place by the Caliper Mounting Bracket so they do indeed need to be removed to remove the bracket and then the rotor.

#3 ·
glake89 said
"Get your service writer or a tech to ride with you to demonstrate pulsation, then let them measure rotors for run-out. Should be covered.

Well, no they don't but it's about a 5 minute job to do it."

Not doubting your word, well really I guess I am, you can remove the rotors without removing the pads?

Thanks

Bill

#5 ·
You can pull the caliper with bracket to remove the rotor, "technically"

So yes you CAN remove the rotor and not pads, now it may not be the way a tech would do it but when installing the CTS-V brakes I did the whole job without removing the pads from the calipers because I was not changing them so why take them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.