: 2006 STS Noise in Front End

bbjorklund99
08-15-12, 10:50 PM
I have a 06 STS with and annoying noise in front end when going over bumps. It sounds like the shocks are loose but the noise goes away when I put light pressure on the brakes. With light pressure on the brake pedal the car goes over bumps without and clunking noise. Any of you had this problem with your STS? If so what did you do to fix it?

Brad

EChas3
08-16-12, 09:22 PM
Sounds like a caliper issue. Have a brake guy look at it or do so yourself.

bbjorklund99
08-17-12, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the response. I am going to look at it this weekend. I thought I had seen something on this at one point but could not find it with a search. I was hoping someone could give me something to look for. I suspect I will find something with I take the wheels off and look it over.

Brad

Red STS
08-18-12, 07:51 AM
Mine did the same thing, but driving with the brakes on lightly (over bumpy patches) got rid of the sound.

Turned out my sway bar link failed internally. You can't see the break, it's like the inside bolt/stud on a tie rod bushing.

Here is a pic. http://www.thepartsbin.com/guides/cadillac/sts/sway_bar_link.html

bbjorklund99
08-18-12, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the information. I will check it out. Sounds like that is a possibility.

Brad