: New Owner 2012 Black Diamond CTS V Coupe

seandalal
08-15-12, 09:05 PM
Guys I just picked my car up this weekend. I have attached a pic. Traded in my C63.

Car is awesome. The Forum did not let me register for a few days for some reason!

My blind spot assist on the right rear view mirror does not work. Have to take the car in this saturday. How long will the dealer take to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Sean

RapidRob
08-15-12, 11:10 PM
How long will the dealer take to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Sean

Probably depends on which dealer/SD you chose. It seems almost every one is different, (good or not so good, etc.).

Congrats on your new coupe - beautiful!!

Rob

TexasCTS-V
08-16-12, 12:12 AM
Enjoy your Coupe. Consider blacking out the chrome--it looks great on the Black Diamond!

RJR88
08-16-12, 09:42 AM
Traded in my C63.

C
I have been on the fence between the C63 and V. How would you rate the differences? Do you have the Recaro seats? If so how would you rate them for comfort over the C63 seats.

seandalal
08-16-12, 03:26 PM
Enjoy your Coupe. Consider blacking out the chrome--it looks great on the Black Diamond!

Will look into it!

seandalal
08-16-12, 03:47 PM
I have been on the fence between the C63 and V. How would you rate the differences? Do you have the Recaro seats? If so how would you rate them for comfort over the C63 seats.

Dont base your decision on that only! Im still playing around with the new seats. Only advise is get every option you want on the V as it is impossible to do it with the C.

Zhariak
08-16-12, 03:51 PM
I got the same thing, only with chrome wheels...

Let me know what happens with the blindspot...

With mine, worked the first day, after washing my car the second day I had it, it didn't work at all for 2 days... Then after I washed my car again, it started working... Only one more time did I get the error about it not working, since then it's worked 100%

smiley47
08-16-12, 05:27 PM
Guys I just picked my car up this weekend. I have attached a pic. Traded in my C63.

Car is awesome. The Forum did not let me register for a few days for some reason!

My blind spot assist on the right rear view mirror does not work. Have to take the car in this saturday. How long will the dealer take to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Sean

What package includes the blind spot assist (SBZA)? I thought I had every option on my 2012 vagon. I checked the manual (sec 9-46) which references the SBZA setting in the DIC and I don't think I have it. Was it added later in the model year? What am I missing?

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-16-12, 07:22 PM
My blind spot assist on the right rear view mirror does not work. Have to take the car in this saturday. How long will the dealer take to fix this issue...
Sean

Congratulations on your V, Sean! As RapidRob pointed out, timing for any repairs that need to be done may vary. I'm available at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you have any questions; I'm happy to investigate on your behalf.

What package includes the blind spot assist (SBZA)? I thought I had every option on my 2012 vagon. I checked the manual (sec 9-46) which references the SBZA setting in the DIC and I don't think I have it. Was it added later in the model year? What am I missing?

Smiley47, please send me a direct message that includes the last eight of your VIN, and I can research for you!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

smiley47
08-16-12, 07:31 PM
Congratulations on your V, Sean! As RapidRob pointed out, timing for any repairs that need to be done may vary. I'm available at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you have any questions; I'm happy to investigate on your behalf.

Smiley47, please send me a direct message that includes the last eight of your VIN, and I can research for you!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Just sent you an email with the VIN. Thanks

seandalal
08-16-12, 09:00 PM
my car is awesome.

thebigjimsho
08-18-12, 05:34 PM
Glad you're enjoying it!

Stillborn
08-18-12, 06:05 PM
my car is awesome.

do an upper pulley and cai,... and you'll be lustily infatuated.

seandalal
08-18-12, 09:20 PM
do an upper pulley and cai,... and you'll be lustily infatuated.

WHat does that mean? need to mod or lower?

PeteK
08-18-12, 09:20 PM

The blind spot assist is standard on the coupe, and not available on the sedans and wagons.

Stillborn
08-19-12, 01:02 AM
WHat does that mean? need to mod or lower?

both actually. a metco 2.50 upper pulley, (bumps stock boost from 9psi to 12ps,... good for 80-90 rwhp) a much needed cold air intake(cai) .and eibach lowering springs, that should put you in the fast lane. =] all for under $650.00. dyno tune and labor for @ $1,500.00

a.pulley: 130.00
b.springs: 227.00
c.cai: 250.00

smiley47
08-19-12, 09:45 AM
The blind spot assist is standard on the coupe, and not available on the sedans and wagons.

Thanks Pete, that explains why I don't have SBZA. I don't understand why only the coupe has it. I guess we sedan and wagon owners just aren't worthy.

FoD
08-19-12, 09:49 AM
Maybe because you have windows to see your blindspot where the coupes do not.

DRL650
08-19-12, 08:35 PM
Great looking ride. I just bought a 12 coupe also and love it. I was also looking at the C63 but glad I went with the V..

PetroCTS-V
08-20-12, 02:43 PM
Congrats!

I too came from a C63 and I'm extremely happy.