: 2004 Deville DTS w/ NAV - AUX input?

Don S
08-15-12, 02:37 PM
I've searched and searched and apparently I am not able to find anyone who has added or used an AUX input to a Deville DTS with navigation. I've checked the Navigation Supplement manual and there is no mention of an AUX input. Does it have one preinstalled on the HU or CD changer? I'm totally new to Cadillac cars and GM in general. Thanks!

N*Caddy
08-15-12, 10:39 PM
The aux is there just not wired from connector, SUPER SIMPLE job to get it working (Audio+Video).
See(click) on the picture below for more details.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7703/auxin.jpg (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/198769-aux-jack-input.html#post2228327)

Don S
08-16-12, 09:55 AM
Wow! Exactly what I was looking for! Great write-ups and pics. :cool:

How does the Aux input show up on the Nav screen? Any pics of the screen?

Thanks!
Don

Otten33
07-24-13, 11:15 AM
I have the same exact car and want to do the same thing. What all do I need to do this. I see the picture above and it looks like i need to take the factory harness and splice in a red, white, and yellow cable into the pins listed above and then ground it to the radio and plug in the factory harness. Is that right or am I way off. My electronic skills are limited. Going on a long rode trip in about 3 weeks and would absolutely love to have this done before I go. Thanks for any advice.

N*Caddy
07-24-13, 11:44 PM
The pins are simply not wired from factory, you need to follow the above instructions and wire the pins (use a donor harness for the required wires). Is really simple, cannot be easier than that.

Otten33
07-25-13, 10:37 AM
Not sure what you are meaning by donor harness? Where can I get a donor harness?

1BadCadSTS
07-25-13, 10:40 AM
If you can't figure that out best not to play with it. The denso radio in that car is very picky and if you unplug it without a software disc and your memory battery inside the radio is shot you'll of bricked your nav.

99Classillac
02-14-14, 05:10 AM
I have a question. I want to do this with my nav system on my 05 DTS. Seems super simple. But how would I actually use it? How would I access any input from the screen. like a back up cam, how would I actually access it via the screen? I can choose from FM/AM, CD, XM radio. But no others. Would another option come up? Or would the AUX input use one of the existing options. And if they use an existing option, ie. xm radio, would it just come on as soon as I turned on my device? Would it go back to xm radio(or whatver) as soon as I turned off my device?