: Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric all season tires

Trionalaw
08-15-12, 01:07 PM
Road and Tract, September 2012, has a blurb about these tires. I searched this web and found nothing about them. They come in the correct size for my 2012 CTS V coupe other than the front tire is one less inch in diameter (26 "versus the PS2's 27 "). What is significant about that smaller diameter?

Does anyone have any familiarity with these tires? I live in Cincinnati and intend on going with performance all season tires rather than my typical snow tires. Other than last year it does not know much here.

Here's another review:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/the-all-season-high-performance-tire-myth-or-reality.html

Thanks so much.

Jim

Cub Cadet
08-15-12, 08:19 PM
I live in northeast Ohio and I run the Bridgestone Potenza All Season tires. The sizing I got put them 1" OD smaller than the stock tires, but was able to go a touch wider for a better look. It is an all around great tire that did just fine in the snow. If you have to drive it like I was stuck driving it, these tires will get you through with no problem. After they were installed, I adjusted the tune to compensate for the different OD's. By doing that, I have no adverse issues with any function on the car. These were not only good in the snow, but there were very good in the summer months as well. They performed perfect for what I expected out of the car and its performance.

Trionalaw
08-16-12, 09:46 AM
Thank you so much for your reply. I assume you are referring to the Bridgestone RE970AS's? My tire shop recommended those a few months ago before the new Goodyear's came out. What size did you end up getting?

Now for the novice question: what did you mean you retuned in light of the different wheel size?

Much appreciated,

Jim

baabootoo
08-17-12, 10:42 PM
I think he meant for the speedo.

Trionalaw
08-18-12, 05:52 PM
thanks. The Goodyear's will be available in the OEM sizes. I used to always go to a dedicated snow tire but in those seasons Cincinnati gets very little snow. I'm going to try and all season all year. When I go to driving schools I will never exceed the speed limitation of these new Goodyear's. I hope to get them in time to go to a driving school at Putnam Park in October.

Much appreciated

Jim