: Service Suspension System (DIC)

4DoorV
08-14-12, 08:03 PM
Just had the dealer replace the front right shock (squeaking noise) today and noticed about 20 miles later after I picked it up my DIC said Service Suspension System. I will be calling the dealer first thing in the morning but was wondering what would cause this message (something they didnt do or do correctly???). Thoughts.......

Trapspeed
08-14-12, 08:57 PM
More than likely a sensor harness issue. I'll bet when they reseat the harness it'll go away.

4DoorV
08-14-12, 11:28 PM
See attached photo. Can someone tell me that this harness should be flopping around and should there be something connected into the end of the harness. this is what i found after getting back from dealer after they replaced my right front shock and now getting DIC Service Suspension. The insulating tape that has been peeled back appeared to be connected at one time to wiring inside of red oval. Does anyone else also have a harness (un-connected) like this in this area (very most upper left corner in engine bay). Also another question is......the rubber hose that is coming out of the top of intercooler fill point...should it just end and go nowhere? See blue dotted line in pic (the hose just ends a little further down from the end of the last blue dash)?

baabootoo
08-14-12, 11:48 PM
Yes, I have the same things. The tube is an overflow, and that harness must be used to get data from at some point.