: shopping cart hit my car

silverstreaker
08-14-12, 05:15 AM
got a dime size ping dent on the driver side about 6-8 in. below the vend, a few inches back from the wheelwell on the front fender. I was thinking of moving my V badges to cover and move the other side to match. Any idea on the best way to remove and what to use to re-apply until I get the car repainted?

larry arizona
08-14-12, 06:53 AM
if you are getting it fixed, I wouldnt move a badge to cover it up.

McGuffy
08-14-12, 07:41 AM
Real pet peeve of mine when people are too damn lazy to walk the extra 15 feet to the cart return.

larry arizona
08-14-12, 12:36 PM
Just means you need to be vigilant in how and where you park. Sometimes I just sit and think about where a rouge cart can come from or jackarse is going to park next to me. I have left parking lots when a spot of proper quality does not exist. The horrible feeling of the door ding is too painful than having to have a close spot and face it, a little extra excersise hurts nobody.

I often say that I would prefer to have a whole panel destroyed than a couple naggin door dings.

silverstreaker
08-16-12, 01:56 AM
The badges are coming off permanently when I find a body shop who doesnt argue with me about the color I want to paint my car. No one wants to do a black matte finish. This is a complete color change and I've been toying with a wrap but can't seem to find someone close enough and I want all my trim black too so I might just have the whole thing painted. I've got two ugly dings, one above the gas cap and once on the fender.

simgolfer
08-19-12, 12:29 PM
Same thing just happened to me yesterday. And I parked towards the back of the lot in an open area. Had no cars within two spaces. Goes to show the incompetence and possible maliciousness of others no matter what you do.

larry arizona
08-20-12, 12:45 PM
:ill: That is not a good feeling when some jackass does that.

6speeder
08-24-12, 03:11 PM
I've had good luck with paintless dent removal shops. Cheap fix if that usually works.