: About to purchase a V Wagon

pank
08-13-12, 11:17 PM
Alright guys I have been reading so much that is all starting to run together. I am looking at a 2012 V Wagon fith 1200 miles. It has the wheel click issue but before I purchase it they are sending it to get the Fix done. Is it still a good idea to get the diff and trans fluid changed or has that been worked out?

Overall how do you guys feel about the V in terms of reliability, I know it's a crap shoot with any car but when you come on forums you tend to get a lot of negatives instead of positives. I love the car just want to make the right decision, I am coming from a SRT-8 Jeep and can't that I haven't had my share ofroblems with it either. What other things should I look for when I take it on a extended test drive?

I figure with 1200 miles the click came early I guess.

Xaqtly
08-14-12, 11:20 AM
Listen for rear diff whine on light throttle input above 45 MPH
Listen for sunroof "cracking" or "popping" when taking turns or doing anything that flexes the body a bit
If it has Recaros, see if you can get them to move at all when taking turns

WA 2 FST
08-14-12, 11:39 AM
Mine just started clicking (front right wheel) and I just passed 1200 miles. I retorqued the lug nuts and the click went away. I realize this is only one source of the issue, so it may come back... who knows? Believe it or not, some of the lugs were only at 70lbs/ft from the factory. _All_ of the locking lug nuts were way too loose on all 4 wheels.

Anyway, I would check the things Xaqtly says... but I would not be overly concerned if this is the vehicle you want.

smiley47
08-14-12, 02:34 PM
Try to get them to change the diff fluid even if you don't suspect any issues. At the very least it has some break in particles in it. It's very pricey at Caddy dealerships.

stabie
08-14-12, 02:39 PM
The standard fix for the click is to replace the rotors. I mentioned I had the click to the dealer and they swapped them out for new rotors in a little over an hour without any pushing on my part.