: opinions on ADV wheels

simgolfer
08-13-12, 06:08 PM
considering splurging on a new set of rims and after some research, I found a nice looking set of wheels by ADV (the 7.1 deep concave in particular). Anyone with experience with these wheels? Their on the pricey side so want to make sure they are a good investment. Thanks.

WA 2 FST
08-13-12, 06:50 PM
I'm seriously considering the ADV7 (3-piece). You're right... not cheap, but most of the 3-piece wheels are not. I've had HRE's on another vehicle before. I have Fikse's on my Vette (one of the more affordable 3-piece forged wheels).

I can't say I have any first-hand experience with these wheels, but they come highly recommended by several distributors.

What finish are you considering?

simgolfer
08-14-12, 01:41 AM
I'm seriously considering the ADV7 (3-piece). You're right... not cheap, but most of the 3-piece wheels are not. I've had HRE's on another vehicle before. I have Fikse's on my Vette (one of the more affordable 3-piece forged wheels).

I can't say I have any first-hand experience with these wheels, but they come highly recommended by several distributors.

What finish are you considering?

Not sure. Thinking the matte gunmetal looks cool but the machined finish might match a silver car better. How about you?

tkracing
08-14-12, 10:12 AM
The wheels do look good... I believe that ADV1 is the old 360 Forged and if that's true then I would be cautious. They claimed BK a few years back and never filled my order that was paid in FULL!!....:rolleyes:

WA 2 FST
08-14-12, 10:40 AM
Not sure. Thinking the matte gunmetal looks cool but the machined finish might match a silver car better. How about you?

My car is Crystal Red, so going with the brushed aluminum center and polished/chromed rim would be the "safe" bet ... and would look really good. But I've been thinking about a black center with polished/chromed lip. If I do this, I will definitely get rid of some of the chrome on the car. I want to black out the window trim anyway.

simgolfer
08-15-12, 01:34 AM
So got a message back on pricing for the ADV 7.1 3 piece forged deep concave in matte gunmetal. $9650 retail with 20% discount. Ouch. Out of the price range for sure but such pretty wheels.

Stephen with a V
08-15-12, 02:26 AM
ASV 7.1 are one piece forged. I have a set of 20s on order. Call Paul at Howey Industries. He helped me a great deal with the fitment and the price was nearly half what u posted. I went with brushed aluminum since I have the black diamond paint and I didn't black out all the chrome.

WA 2 FST
08-15-12, 10:01 AM
ASV 7.1 are one piece forged. I have a set of 20s on order. Call Paul at Howey Industries. He helped me a great deal with the fitment and the price was nearly half what u posted. I went with brushed aluminum since I have the black diamond paint and I didn't black out all the chrome.

^^^^ agree with what he says. Call Paul

thebigjimsho
08-15-12, 11:46 AM
I'm not a baller and I don't make it rain. While I love custom rims, $4G is the most I'd ever pay for a set...

Paul@HoweyIndustries
08-15-12, 02:41 PM
So got a message back on pricing for the ADV 7.1 3 piece forged deep concave in matte gunmetal. $9650 retail with 20% discount. Ouch. Out of the price range for sure but such pretty wheels.

That price is WAAAAY high. I would be happy to price you out a set.

I rarely weigh in publicly on a specific wheel brand but I feel I need to here because of the amount of misinformation out there. In my opinion, ADV.1 is one of the best wheel manufacturers in the industry today. Not only are their products extremely high quality but their service is top notch.

The attention to detail on their wheels and finishes is second to none. I have personally had the opportunity in our industry to handle almost every high end forged wheel, and while there are many great wheels out there, I personally believe ADV.1's design(s) are in a league of their own. The only company I would consider comparing them to is HRE.

Every company has moments where mistakes are made but it is all about how the company handles these situations. To give an example, we had a customer who received his wheel with offsets that were much more aggressive then what was originally desired. ADV.1 put our customer through zero hassle and made a new set of wheels and allowed our customer to keep the original wheels until the new wheel were ready. Again, just an example of their excellent customer service. (It should be noted that this was an extreme example where repair was not an option, ADV.1 does reserve the right to repair a wheel if deemed acceptable. Also, with ADV.1 mistakes rarely do occur but it's always good to know that they take care of the ones that do happen.)

Again, the above is my personal opinion. Our company is an unbiased third party distributor and has no direct affiliations to ADV.1.

Paul

PetroCTS-V
08-15-12, 04:30 PM

I rarely weigh in publicly on a specific wheel brand but I feel I need to here because of the amount of misinformation out there. In my opinion, ADV.1 is one of the best wheel manufacturers in the industry today. Not only are their products extremely high quality but their service is top notch.

The attention to detail on their wheels and finishes is second to none. I have personally had the opportunity in our industry to handle almost every high end forged wheel, and while there are many great wheels out there, I personally believe ADV.1's design(s) are in a league of their own. The only company I would consider comparing them to is HRE.

Every company has moments where mistakes are made but it is all about how the company handles these situations. To give an example, we had a customer who received his wheel with offsets that were much more aggressive then what was originally desired. ADV.1 put our customer through zero hassle and made a new set of wheels and allowed our customer to keep the original wheels until the new wheel were ready. Again, just an example of their excellent customer service. (It should be noted that this was an extreme example where repair was not an option, ADV.1 does reserve the right to repair a wheel if deemed acceptable. Also, with ADV.1 mistakes rarely do occur but it's always good to know that they take care of the ones that do happen.)

Again, the above is my personal opinion. Our company is an unbiased third party distributor and has no direct affiliations to ADV.1.

Paul

Can you quote me on a set of ADV5.01 one piece forged wheels in matte black for a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan?

Fronts: 19 x 9.5
Rears: 19 x 11

Not sure on offsets and can you recommend a good set of tires too. I'm looking to put at least a 305 on the rears.

simgolfer
08-15-12, 05:17 PM

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to take part in this thread. I am unable to DM. Do you have a direct email so I can contact you about what I am looking for? Thanks.

Michael aka simgolfer

Paul@HoweyIndustries
08-15-12, 07:01 PM
Can you quote me on a set of ADV5.01 one piece forged wheels in matte black for a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan?

Fronts: 19 x 9.5
Rears: 19 x 11

Not sure on offsets and can you recommend a good set of tires too. I'm looking to put at least a 305 on the rears.

Absolutely, do you have an email I can send this to? For some reason the forum won't let me PM you. Thanks!

Paul@HoweyIndustries
08-15-12, 07:02 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to take part in this thread. I am unable to DM. Do you have a direct email so I can contact you about what I am looking for? Thanks.

Michael aka simgolfer

It's my pleasure, if there is any way I can assist, I am more then happy to :)

My direct email is paul@howeyindustries.com I check it day and night so feel free to send me an email anytime.

Thanks,

Paul

PetroCTS-V
08-15-12, 08:07 PM
Absolutely, do you have an email I can send this to? For some reason the forum won't let me PM you. Thanks!

Yes, petmic10@verizon.net

Thanks.

Paul@HoweyIndustries
08-15-12, 09:18 PM
Yes, petmic10@verizon.net

Thanks.

Email sent, please let me know if you don't receive it.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul@HoweyIndustries
08-16-12, 12:51 AM
Hi Paul,

Michael aka simgolfer

Just sent you a reply to your email. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

Thanks,

Paul

silverstreaker
08-17-12, 01:11 AM
My concern with the cTs-V wheel listed is that they approx 30 lbs so clearly not a performance wheel but wow, they are beautiful.

Stephen with a V
08-17-12, 01:54 AM
The ADV 7.1 wheels weigh 24lbs for the 20x9 fronts and 25 lbs for the 20x10.5 rears. They aren't as light as a 3 piece wheel but lighter than our stock wheels and definitely lighter than cast wheels.

Paul@HoweyIndustries
08-17-12, 11:57 AM
My concern with the cTs-V wheel listed is that they approx 30 lbs so clearly not a performance wheel but wow, they are beautiful.

The ADV7.1 is actually a very light wheel for being a 20" 1-Piece (lighter then many 3-Piece). The 20x9 is rated at 24lbs and 20x10.5 at 25lbs. + or - depending on the offset.

If you go with the ADV7.1 SL (Super Light) now you have a 20" that is around 20lbs per wheel.

silverstreaker
08-18-12, 12:14 AM
The ADV7.1 is actually a very light wheel for being a 20" 1-Piece (lighter then many 3-Piece). The 20x9 is rated at 24lbs and 20x10.5 at 25lbs. + or - depending on the offset.

If you go with the ADV7.1 SL (Super Light) now you have a 20" that is around 20lbs per wheel.

I'm confused. The only wheel listed for the cts-v on their website shows 30lbs as the weight. Where is the wheel you are referencing on their weight database?

silverstreaker
08-18-12, 12:15 AM

at 20lbs, would that be considered the lightest tire available?

Paul@HoweyIndustries
08-18-12, 12:36 PM
I'm confused. The only wheel listed for the cts-v on their website shows 30lbs as the weight. Where is the wheel you are referencing on their weight database?

The wheels listed under the CTS-V is the ADV08 S Function. This is the entry level ADV.1 configuration.
http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/wheelcollection/ADV08SF.php

I was referring to the ADV7.1: http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/wheelcollection/ADV7_1.php

and the ADV7.1SL: http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/wheelcollection/ADV7_1SL.php

The weights depend greatly on offset. The CTS-V is a mid to high offset vehicle. Therefore, there will be less material on the back pad as compared to low offset application that requires more material on the back pad. Look at the Cayman on the weight database with the 7.1's. Also a mid to high offset vehicle that weighed in at 22.6lbs for 20x8.5 and 24.6lbs for 20x11.

I do not have very good data on the ADV7.1 SL in these sizes and offsets but it is estimated that the front will be closer to the 20lb mark.

Paul@HoweyIndustries
08-18-12, 12:38 PM
at 20lbs, would that be considered the lightest tire available?

I'm confused by the question. The weight I suggested is only referring to the wheel/rim. This doesn't include the tire weight.

Paul