: How Can I Get Some More HP to My 05 STS

CaliSTSRider831
08-13-12, 09:04 AM
Hey Guyz and Ladies I just joined this forum and had a quick question what kind of Mod's can I add to my Sts for some more HP?????

curtc
08-13-12, 11:35 AM
3.6 or 4.6 engine?

1BadCadSTS
08-13-12, 01:12 PM
Called the v mod. Sell it and buy STS-v.

curtc
08-13-12, 02:01 PM
Called the v mod. Sell it and buy STS-v.

I like it!

Also, make sure the V is still under factory warranty, good luck getting an extended warranty to cover it.

They know we'll have "fun" with it :)

EChas3
08-13-12, 09:14 PM
More seriously, I'm sorry to report that Cadillac engineers didn't leave any low-hanging fruit for mods. There are a few pieces on the market but overall you'll find them ineffective or counter-productive in terms of drivability, longevity and mileage. Save your money.

The OEM intake is very good, as is engine management. Pre-2007 V6 chips can be tuned but even the later 300 HP DI 3.6 doesn't approach the torque of the V8. You don't say what engine or trim level STS you have but they do vary a lot. A wise buyer test drives several different trim levels and waits for 'their' STS' to show up.

Charles Warren
08-15-12, 07:06 AM
tunes are avail for 05+ sts n*. do an intake and exhaust and get it tuned since the tcm management is cutting back torque and you can select faster shifting

stoveguyy
08-15-12, 12:47 PM
are there any long tube headers for northstar sts or xlr? not sure i have ever seen any. or any style headers?

1BadCadSTS
08-15-12, 01:10 PM
tunes are avail for 05+ sts n*. do an intake and exhaust and get it tuned since the tcm management is cutting back torque and you can select faster shifting

Wrong. Late 06 07 build only can be tuned.

malatu
08-15-12, 03:36 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ater-vmax.html

In interesting read.... Can't remember if the mod was performed on 3.6 or N*

curtc
08-15-12, 07:28 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ater-vmax.html

In interesting read.... Can't remember if the mod was performed on 3.6 or N*

Vmax is for the 3.6

1BadCadSTS
08-15-12, 07:44 PM
are there any long tube headers for northstar sts or xlr? not sure i have ever seen any. or any style headers?

Supposedly d3 made a one off set that no one has really ever seen.

EChas3
08-15-12, 07:46 PM
Perhaps I underrated exhaust upgrades. Members universally enjoy the sound. Most report modest improvements in performance. Good stainless steel isn't cheap.

EChas3
08-15-12, 08:34 PM
Duplicate

orange57
08-18-12, 02:08 PM
Realistically, A little more HP and torque would be awesome, but with the stock Northstar, the car is pretty quick. I was looking for a CTS-V when I stumbled on the STS that was more in my price range. While they are not a direct comparison, I am happy with my purchase. The other day, when I pulled into the driveway one of the neighbor kids asked what was in my car because he thought it sounded awesome. I told him it is the stock engine and exhaust. It made me feel good that others also enjoy the sound of the car.

wanderersts
08-18-12, 02:23 PM
I modified my air box to get more air in and the engine sounds deeper. Also ported and polished the throttle body. Also removed my resonator and installed magnaflow mufflers. Also installed a 50 shot of n2o.

EChas3
08-18-12, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I suppose nitrous is the only easy way to make significant gains, but it's a big risk to an expensive engine.

Have fun.

wanderersts
08-18-12, 07:21 PM
Well I have been thinking of trying a swap. I know everyone would say get a v but like to be a little different. Did read a ls2 would maybe fit just thinking. At the track with the 4.6 did a 8.28 in the 1/8 mile no 1/4 mile track.

curtc
08-18-12, 07:45 PM
Your biggest problem won't be finding what can fit, it will be managing that new engine. You'll have to swap out the PCM for something else, you're current data buss will turn into a frankenstein of its former self....this is NOT an easy job by any means and WILL cost you more than it would to just sell it and buy a V, guaranteed...

Charles Warren
08-19-12, 10:49 PM
Im happy with my sts lh2, we whooped a bmw 550 im on 22s and he was on factories. My governor wouldve kicked in but traffic came first lol. Found out manually shifting wakes sts's up. I do have intake and exhaust which isnt a power adder and bmw is rated at 360 hp sts 320 hp. Wish i had my factories on and next race im gonna have madtuners tune and factories on sticky nittos, dude cheated and still lost. He kept taking off before me so i said keep going on the last try. Driver mod or bimmers are overrated significantly

wanderersts
08-20-12, 04:11 PM
That's what I'm waiting for the mad tuners tune to be ready. I got drag radials and runs really good.