: Service suspension warning prob. Can I get my hands on a Tech II?

neuronbob
08-13-12, 06:56 AM
Been reporting this problem since March including in the suspension warning thread. Been to dealer twice for the problem. Dealer did TSB, can't find anything.

I want to figure this out independently since the dealer and GM itself can't figure it out. Can mere mortals like me get their hands on or access to a Tech II or whatever to properly diagnose? Or is it time to get a second dealer opinion? This is the only problem I have with my car and while there are no symptoms, I would like to know that there is a solution for this electronic glitch.

Or is there a good independent shop in Cleveland with the device that anyone can recommend?

M5eater
08-13-12, 09:32 AM
You can't techincally 'buy' a new Tech II unless you're a dealer I believe, but there are several floating around from overseas sellers ;) .

If you have a spare $1-2000 for a used one that is, and then-- how are you going to get updates?

This is one area where zeh Germans have us beat.

$250 Vag-com FTW.

Houdini
08-13-12, 01:52 PM
yeah you can get them for like 500 from china with the latest 2012 software updates.

M5eater
08-13-12, 02:02 PM
yeah you can get them for like 500 from china with the latest 2012 software updates.

I would spend a few hours resarching the topic before committing, that's still some good coin, but it's totally worth it if it's even half as usefull as the vag-com was.

I would think you'd still have issues with updates though.

neuronbob
08-13-12, 05:18 PM
It's that difficult to get? Bummer. I'd find a way to swing it but after new rotors, pads, and tires to maintain the car this year, not to mention serious financial discipline to pay the car down this year (last payment this month...2 years early! Woot....) don't want to put more money in.

Looks like a second dealer opinion for me then. How annoying.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-13-12, 05:27 PM
Neuronbob, please don't hesitate to send me a DM if you would like me to set up a service request (case) for you and communicate with your dealer on your behalf! If you'd prefer assistance setting up an appointment at a second dealership instead, I'm always available to do that as well.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

neuronbob
08-14-12, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the offer, Katie, but I think I'll start with contacting my servicing dealer (they've been great about going through the steps so far) and move from there. Given the TSB was done and cleaning/replugging the sensors didn't work, this is almost certainly a sensor failure of some sort. Unfortunately, the error throws no codes at all and so i suspect the suspension will need to be taken apart. I don't think any dealer is going to be happy about doing that much work on warranty.

I'll contact you if I need to go up the food chain further.

M5eater
08-14-12, 05:45 PM
It's that difficult to get? Bummer. I'd find a way to swing it but after new rotors, pads, and tires to maintain the car this year, not to mention serious financial discipline to pay the car down this year (last payment this month...2 years early! Woot....) don't want to put more money in.

Looks like a second dealer opinion for me then. How annoying.

There's a lot you can do with a Tech-II beyond diagnosing, I'll give it a look myself and report back.

blkvcts09
08-15-12, 05:02 PM
I had the same thing with my 09. I took it to service several times, they never found anything it eventually went away on its own. the car drives fine no problems.

neuronbob
08-16-12, 10:34 AM
I had the same thing with my 09. I took it to service several times, they never found anything it eventually went away on its own. the car drives fine no problems.

Thanks for the reassurance. My car drives fine as well, just got back from a 2500 mile road trip in it.