Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone ever install a light duty hitch on a 2010 DTS?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  billdaman 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2010 DTS and while I like the car just fine, I miss the handy aftermarket hitch that's on my 1993 Sedan DeVille and want the "new" car to have one as well (my primary use would be for my bike rack that attaches to the ball on the hitch). I just found an ad for an inexpensive aftermarket hitch for about $160 ( http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Cadillac/DTS/2010/90142.html?vehicleid=20107995 ), which seems pretty reasonable to me. My question is whether anyone has tried putting such a thing on a late model DTS. I don't want to reduce my ground clearance (these cars are already pretty low) and I don't want to start the installation just to find that nothing will work unless I start cutting through metal or do some heavy welding. I'm interested to hear what other's have experienced in this area when doing a self-install, recommendations for aftermarket hitches, and whether the end result looks subtle or totally stupid.

Any advice you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks,

Nick in Palm Springs

#3 ·
Nick, although the photo does not do justice to how it looks overall, here is a shot of the Class 2 Receiver on my DTS. The former owner used the car to tow a sailboat and opted for the larger hitch. I though of pulling it off, but with the cover it looks fine, it is not too low to the ground and is not really noticeable unless you look for it. It looks like a 4 bolt install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.