: My new V

Technikal
08-12-12, 09:50 PM
Flew out to Iowa and drove back roughly 1300 miles. Tinted the windows, put the headrest logos on, And did the second item on the way to blacking it out and put a bit of black wrap vinyl over the third brake light.960569605796058

FuzzyLogic
08-12-12, 09:58 PM
What a ricey job on those headrest logos. Bad color and bad placement. 8thdaycreations can make you some plain silver ones that look better, although the only solid solution is to have someone embroider them for you. I looked into embroidery, but the shops in my area were not confident in their abilities. This is what I wound up with:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/CTS-V/CIMG0065.jpg

OneFast V
08-12-12, 10:23 PM
Flew out to Iowa and drove back roughly 1300 miles. Tinted the windows, put the headrest logos on, And did the second item on the way to blacking it out and put a bit of black wrap vinyl over the third brake light.960569605796058

I think the headrests look nice. Also i'm really digging the way you did the 3rd brake light.

Technikal
08-12-12, 10:23 PM
i could have done the silver but I personally prefer the black on black with a tad bit of color. But to each there own :).
I can make all of the same things that company you mentioned does.

danrob0123
08-12-12, 11:19 PM
I also like what you did to the 3rd brake light. might have to give it a try.

etcts-v
08-13-12, 04:36 PM
I like the headrests, look sweet!

What a ricey job on those headrest logos. Bad color and bad placement. 8thdaycreations can make you some plain silver ones that look better, although the only solid solution is to have someone embroider them for you. I looked into embroidery, but the shops in my area were not confident in their abilities. This is what I wound up with:

A set of these where on my car when I bought it, the minute a head touched the rest they were done for. Plus looked super ricey IMO, just a decal. With that said I got a ricey things on my ride that I like so to each his own..

Technikal
08-13-12, 05:53 PM
Mine isn't a decal it is mildly put an iron on if you Google autographz they are a GM licensed product. You can't take them off unless you are really trying. The company I work at does them.

etcts-v
08-13-12, 08:08 PM
Mine isn't a decal it is mildly put an iron on if you Google autographz they are a GM licensed product. You can't take them off unless you are really trying. The company I work at does them.

I know I was referring to the silver ones fuzzy posted above, hence the quote.. Personally I like yours, possible to pick up a set?

Technikal
08-14-12, 01:21 AM
I know I was referring to the silver ones fuzzy posted above, hence the quote.. Personally I like yours, possible to pick up a set?

Depending on where u are will determine if there is a dealer near you. Where are you from I can check with the supplier. Otherwise I'll have to start a vendor account and have you mail your headrests to me.

alradco
08-14-12, 08:00 PM
Looks great. Congrats.

jdollarthegreat
08-14-12, 08:10 PM
Nice touch. Something different you know.

shadybx7
08-16-12, 12:17 PM

Those look horrible :rice:

WarrenMRogers
08-16-12, 01:34 PM
I don't like either of the headrests! IF I do some in mine, I'll probably do embroidered in black so it doesn't clash. Anyway, customisation is for you to make your car your own so nuts to everyone's opinion. Also, I really like the third brake light... what'd you do there exactly?

odthetruth
08-17-12, 06:28 AM
Who needs headrests? I plan on just driving with no headrests. Hows that? LOL

Either way, good to see you got a V. Congrats on it.
Speaking of headrests... if anyone needs stock headrests (to say stitch into, etc)... hit me up.

Technikal
08-17-12, 05:57 PM
They can be had in all black. I wanted to keep the color to flow with the other emblems on the vehicle. As far as the third brake light i took some wrap vinyl and covered the top and cut it even with the lip and tucked it under the trunk side. The cut can be done in a few different ways depending on skill level. I deal with razors and vinyl all day everyday so i just put it on and cut it by hand following the lip. If your not sure of your skill they sell a fine line tape with a fishing line type of thread in it that you could put down and then use it to cut the vinyl but its about $80 a roll so if your not doing a million of them its not cost effective. the other option is to make a template with a newspaper.

Professional suggestion for someone who wants to do it them selfs would be to go to the auto paint store get a roll of blue fine tape. put it down first where you are going to cut. put your vinyl down make your cut enough to go through the vinyl but not the tape. then gently peel the vinyl back (wrap vinyl you can do this regular cast vinyl i wouldn't suggest it) pull your fine line tape then put your vinyl back down.

it took me all of 5 minutes to do it. and that included the time it took to wipe it down.

when i have more time im going to do the entire thing instead of just the top.

Technikal
08-17-12, 06:00 PM
Who needs headrests? I plan on just driving with no headrests. Hows that? LOL

Either way, good to see you got a V. Congrats on it.
Speaking of headrests... if anyone needs stock headrests (to say stitch into, etc)... hit me up.

My head is well trained and conditioned. It doesn't need to rest. LOL. If it where to happen i would have to put a disclaimer on not to drive your car or something. Turn around is fast i can do them in about 20 mins or less if I have the right ones in stock. So shipping would be the time killer.

Pho_phizzat
08-23-12, 06:12 PM
I love the head rests