: Paint Chips

WGT31
08-12-12, 04:12 PM
I have a 2011 Vagon. I have owned it about 2 months it has 25k miles. I have noticed that on the passenger side on the roof where the chrome strip starts, paint is chipping from under the strip. I have showed it to my dealer they have agreed to repaint. Now I have noticed the same thing on the drivers side. Has any one else run into this issue?

Thanks

William

McGuffy
08-13-12, 05:13 PM
Not cool. What color is the car? I'm just wondering if it's one of the metallic tri-coats, as I can feel the flakes with a microfiber cloth in some areas and wondered if that would compromise the integrity of the clear coat over time.

Mike02z
08-13-12, 05:29 PM
I would not think that is normal. I have tons of chips on my front end with only 8K miles but I do a ton of highway driving (90%) and it's hard to avoid chips. It is especially difficult on a black car that GM seems to use white primer on.:hmm: Guess they know more than me... Good luck with your issue.

WGT31
08-13-12, 06:12 PM
Car is Thunder Gray, yes it has primer white under the paint.

William

Stillborn
08-19-12, 03:58 PM
:histeric: oh man. thats why diamond white is the only color choice that made any real sense. you black car guys are a rare breed. i owed a few, and will never again own a black car. happy glazing! lol

Mike02z
08-19-12, 06:47 PM
I know, swore I'd never own a black car again. It just looked so badazz sitting there. I forgot what a chore it is to keep clean. I figure in 2-3 years I'll just get the front end painted. Not like it should be an issue matching the color :)

Patent Guy
08-19-12, 06:59 PM
This is why I have black. I live in a city, so routine dent removal and repainting is the rule. Black is the only color I've found that can be matched over time.

McGuffy
08-22-12, 01:04 PM
Black is tough to keep clean, but when it is, daaaaaaaaamn it looks good...

Trapspeed
08-23-12, 08:37 PM
Yes. One thing I miss about the old 300 was the depth and strength of the paint. Compared to it, the V's paint chips if the wind blows.

V-swagon
09-04-12, 10:57 PM
I just had the same issue with my 2011 V wagon on both side. The dealer looked at it and agreed it was a GM issue. They have to repaint the roof. Not super excited about it. I hope they are able to match and blend the black diamond paint.