Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2011 CTS 4 Floor Lighting

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  exm22psu 
#1 ·
I own a 2011 CTS4 AWD Premium and I have lighting that turns on in my front floor wells when opening the door to exit the vehicle. The rear floor wells do not have any lighting. Is there a kit to provide lighting to the rear. I have see several posts but I wasn't sure if this form of lighting was called ambient floor lighting...

thank you

#2 · (Edited)
^ The standard rather bright front footwell lighting you mention is generally referred to as courtesy lighting. On the 2008+ CTS courtesy footwell lighting is limited to the front footwells - there is no specific courtesy light kit from GM that I'm aware of for the rear footwells of the 2nd gen CTS. You may find an available generic rear footwell courtesy lighting kit from GM or some other supplier. Of course on the CTS the rear reading lamps illuminate when any door is opened, and I find that is sufficient to light the way into the rear of the car.

#3 ·
GM accessory zone used to offer the rear seat ambient lighting, which shines out from under the front seats into the rear foot wells. You might be able to find it online still. It was included in 08 with the lighting package, dealer added in 09, and might have been done away with in 10 ... I installed it in my 09.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.