: new to forum and question on used prices?

FredN.
08-10-12, 02:38 PM
I have been lurking on these boards for about a month now, and figured I ought to register if I am about to take the plunge with a CTS V wagon!

Before I can help anyone myself, I have a question about used V prices.
I've never been a guy that likes to buy new, and that's true with this car.

I've looked and looked for used wagons with manual trans, but I really don't feel like flying to another city to negotiate and drive home.
Therefore, even though I've only owned stick shift cars for the past 20 years, this is likely to be my first automatic.

I found a local dealer (Chicago area) listing a 2011 wagon w/ auto and less than 4k miles. Asking $54,900.

I am afraid to check Edmund's and KBB for suggested pricing, as I think this should sell for closer to 50k, especially since 2013s are available and the 2014s will be completely redesigned...and I don't want to be wrong!

Question: am I wrong? Is a dealer likely to stick close to that 54,9 number or is it not out of line to think 51k is reasonable?
Obviously, if I knew how much the dealer paid at auction, that would help, but I don't.

THANKS for any help, and looking forward to contributing to the forums!
Fred

smackdownCTSV
08-10-12, 04:55 PM
It's all about research. I posted numbers on here a few times.

Nasty Black Lac
08-10-12, 05:50 PM
My local dealer (Indy) has a 2012 auto for $59,999 with 7,800 miles.

ReaperV
08-14-12, 07:33 AM
I bought my 2009 auto sedan with 14k miles last September for $50k. Recaros, sunroof and spoiler. It was certified so came with basically a full warranty, oh and brand new Ps2's. What options does the Wagon have?