: Most popular cars in America's most expensive ZIP codes!

orconn
08-09-12, 07:55 PM
Among the top ten most popular cars .... not a Cadillac among them! No not even the much coveted (among the aspiring classes) Cadillac truck variants were on the list. With Mercedes E class as number one, no surprise their, and both the BMW 3 series and Mercedes C class ranking in the top five, it may surprise some that the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry made the list. Not one American car made the list! What does this say about wealthier citizens? We know they pay less of a percentage of their income in federal taxes, but I guess they are also likely to pay less for their street transportation than most of us too!

MrHolland
08-09-12, 10:29 PM
Wealthy people are generally pretty smart when it comes to money. I better leave it at that........LoL

CadillacLuke24
08-09-12, 11:08 PM
Wealthy people are generally pretty smart when it comes to money. I better leave it at that........LoL

Yeah, that's true. Cadillacs have expensive taste in aftermarket parts. :lol:

Submariner409
08-10-12, 11:19 AM
"most popular" could be taken to mean the "daily driver", but that then covers up the garaged Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, huge Mercedes, Bugatti and custom Corvettes and Mustangs .............. NONE of those cars could possibly ever show up in a "most popular" census: there simply aren't enough of them per square mile.

Polls and findings like this are fun, because you can word and skew the results any way you like.

Take Chevy Chase Village, MD - 20815. One home has a big Mercedes, another a Lexus, another a Corvette, another a Prius, another a Chevy whatsis, another a Ferrari, another an Escalade and a Chevy whatsis, another a Camry. Mom had a Subaru Forester. Which is the "most popular" ?

brandondeleo
08-10-12, 11:22 AM
There's a man up the hill from me who has 5 Lamborghinis, classic and new, but his daily driver is a Bentley Continental GT. Go figure.

CadillacLuke24
08-10-12, 01:37 PM
"most popular" could be taken to mean the "daily driver", but that then covers up the garaged Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, huge Mercedes, Bugatti and custom Corvettes and Mustangs .............. NONE of those cars could possibly ever show up in a "most popular" census: there simply aren't enough of them per square mile.

Polls and findings like this are fun, because you can word and skew the results any way you like.

Take Chevy Chase Village, MD - 20815. One home has a big Mercedes, another a Lexus, another a Corvette, another a Prius, another a Chevy whatsis, another a Ferrari, another an Escalade and a Chevy whatsis, another a Camry. Mom had a Subaru Forester. Which is the "most popular" ?

THIS JUST IN: The most popular car among Wyoming college age kids who have a CadillacOwners account and are born on Desert Storm day is a 1996 Cadillac Sedan DeVille :D

Yup, depends on who you survey, what parameters are present, and what area is being sampled :D

Holy crap Brando, you should go see if you could mow his lawn or something. Bet you'd get a princely sum.

ben.gators
08-11-12, 06:04 AM
What does this say about wealthier citizens? We know they pay less of a percentage of their income in federal taxes, but I guess they are also likely to pay less for their street transportation than most of us too!

I can remember a study which claimed that majority of billionaires pay less than $15 for their haircut!

pgraham
08-11-12, 06:33 AM
can somebody tell me how to start a new thread?

Submariner409
08-11-12, 10:05 AM
can somebody tell me how to start a new thread?

Get to the Forum you want to post in. At the top of the threads page there is a tab "Post new thread". Compose a descriptive title and have at it.

orconn
08-11-12, 12:54 PM
I can remember a study which claimed that majority of billionaires pay less than $15 for their haircut!

I wouldn't know about that. I do know that where I get my hair cut, most billionaires don't!

orconn
08-11-12, 01:05 PM
From what I have observed the owners of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and other similar exotica do not own these cars for transportation purposes. Talking with them they seem to look on them as "investments" they can occasionally drive. Also the vast majority of cars originally costing over $100,000 do not fall into the the top 1% of income and assets, but rather the top 10%. Let's face a lot of guys owning these toys like cars more than houses! I also don't think "collector" cars owned are really a reflection of how people choose what they drive for transportation.

RippyPartsDept
08-11-12, 01:14 PM
they're trophies ... like the 12-point buck on the wall ... they're for showing off