Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2012 Cadillac CTS Performance - looking for feedback on a proposed deal

3K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  caymansbanker 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am looking at a 2012 Cadillac CTS performance model (3.6) at a local Georgia dealer. Car is opulent blue with titanium interior. Options are sunroof, 19" wheels and all season tires, and all season floor mats. Sticker is $45,405. Offered price is $39,978.

That price includes the $3,000 incentive. The salesperson also mentioned something about Conquesting, which I believe is some type of additional incentive, which I think is $2,000? I'm not sure.

Can I do any better? I have a BMW 135i leased now, and my lease is up at the end of October. I really want the opulent blue color, but could also settle for white. Thanks all.

#3 ·
KBB says 42,600 for sedan. Factor in incentive(s) and there you go. Don't ever take the first offer from the stealership. Play hardball (my opinion, and lord knows we all have one).

Reactions: caymansbanker
#6 ·
Based on my cursory examination, their price doesn't sound out of line, but then when I think a little more this is a '12, and you are into a new model year. Look at pricing on the 'net and check them all out. Then factor in your seat of the pants, and make them drop theirs.

Reactions: caymansbanker
#15 ·
Not sure about the deal, but just wanted to add that I agree with others' feedback given so far. Navigation was not crucial for me, but I am soooooo glad I got the Performance Luxury option. Looks nicer with the trim and can't beat the cooled seats in the summer. I agree that having the NAV would be nice, but only IMHO, I think you'll kick yourself later if you don't get at least the Lux package. Also agree that this is the end of the Model year so you can probably do a little better, but I'm sure you can do the research on that. I'd imagine that you could get it close to invoice: remember the manufacturer's rebates and incentives, is not a loss to the dealer, so there is always wiggle room there. Finally, I have to ask, having considered the 128i and 135i coupes myself, how did you like your BMW?

#13 · (Edited)
Couple of things...

Conquest discount applies if you're trading in a foreign car. I received that discount because I traded in an Acura.

As for the navigation, to each his own, but five of my last six cars (including my wife's SUV and my son's car) have had built-in navigation systems and I would be hard pressed NOT to ever own a car without one.

Our Mustang convertible doesn't have a navigation system and for it I use a Garmin Nuvi.

I like the features (especially with Navtraffic), the fact that I can set destinations with voice commands and the integration (with radio, bluetooth, etc). I also find that the calculation time in the built-in systems is faster than any phone or standalone unit. I also like the larger screen (especially compared to a phone) and no cords or mounting brackets.

The drawbacks of course are that they are more expensive (both in initial purchase and for the updates), and the fact that the system goes with the car when you trade it in.

Again, this is my opinion after having had and still using both. I'm sure people will have differing opinions and that's why it's an option.

#16 ·
angelbones said:
Not sure about the deal, but just wanted to add that I agree with others' feedback given so far. Navigation was not crucial for me, but I am soooooo glad I got the Performance Luxury option. Looks nicer with the trim and can't beat the cooled seats in the summer. I agree that having the NAV would be nice, but only IMHO, I think you'll kick yourself later if you don't get at least the Lux package. Also agree that this is the end of the Model year so you can probably do a little better, but I'm sure you can do the research on that. I'd imagine that you could get it close to invoice: remember the manufacturer's rebates and incentives, is not a loss to the dealer, so there is always wiggle room there. Finally, I have to ask, having considered the 128i and 135i coupes myself, how did you like your BMW?
Totally agree with the package, have the lux performance with 19 summer tire package in the coupe. I have never had the NAV system in any previous cars and will never buy a car again WITHOUT Nav system, love the traffic updates, It is so much better then turn by turn. You don't have to hear the normal BS you have left the plan route would you like updated directions. Remember they are in closeout mode and the the cars with more options are more discounted but still more expensive. My sticker was $54,500.

#17 ·
Thats why I wound up with the Premium Coupe. The Perf. Lux options add a lot of valuable features and even though you are not high on the NAV, its a great tool and better than having some portable unit hanging in the console. Also with the NAV radio it adds some nice features not found with the upgraded Bose. No voice commands, better config options, additional radio displays, better playlist functions, etc. Having a popup is a plus. You need to see the difference. To see how much better overall the NAV radio is versus the Bose with no NAV.

#23 ·
"Not sure about the deal, but just wanted to add that I agree with others' feedback given so far. Navigation was not crucial for me, but I am soooooo glad I got the Performance Luxury option. Looks nicer with the trim and can't beat the cooled seats in the summer. I agree that having the NAV would be nice, but only IMHO, I think you'll kick yourself later if you don't get at least the Lux package. Also agree that this is the end of the Model year so you can probably do a little better, but I'm sure you can do the research on that. I'd imagine that you could get it close to invoice: remember the manufacturer's rebates and incentives, is not a loss to the dealer, so there is always wiggle room there. Finally, I have to ask, having considered the 128i and 135i coupes myself, how did you like your BMW?"

The BMW 135i has been a fun car. Very fast, agile, and small, which works well in the city. I thought about leasing another BMW (1 or 3 series), but from my perspective, there is no difference in the feel of the car (or the interior) in the new 135i or 335i. In addition, the reliability on my car has been spotty - bad injectors, bad fuel pump, power window switch failure, defective driver's side seatbelt, and poor air conditioning (it doesn't work nearly as well as my girlfriend's Honda Insight). Having owned three BMWs (X5, M3, 135i) and two Mercedes Benz (190, CLK430), I would buy a Mercedes over another BMW. I also feel that BMW has lost much of its former cachet - you can't throw a rock without hitting one in Atlanta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.