: Cadillac rep wont cover GMPP covered parts!!??

DonRSD
08-09-12, 09:42 AM
I have my 2002 DTS in the shop now as the last under the GMPP warranty (expired 7/31/2012)

I have a bad FACTORY alarm that opens my trunk randomly (after set) and when someone puts say a flyer for a club or car wash in my door jam, the doors unlock. There is no set time that the trunk opens. Sometimes I come out of work or a baseball game and my trunk is open. I already have a new key remote (maybe 3 months old) and the issue STILL occurs.

I also have a bad twilight switch. My headlights ALWAYS STAY ON, even during the day. I have to manually turn them on & off. This was fixed under a past GMPP, but only lasted 2 days.

The Cadillac dealer (Coral Cadillac in Fort Lauderdale) said that because i had a laundry list of issues (I have a $200 deductible for GMPP and only bring the car in when necessary) they had to have a cadillac Rep come out to veriy the problems.

I'm getting a lot of things fixed, but the alarm & headlights NOT being fixed is really bothering me.

BOTH items are covered under a GMPP warranty.

Is there anyway to get my local Cadillac dealer to honor the GMPP warranty and not just tell me "The Cadillac rep has final say, he cant replicate the issue so we wont fix those 2 items"???

Please help ASAP....my car will be ready today or tomorrow for pickup and those 2 issues wont be fixed.

RippyPartsDept
08-09-12, 10:46 AM
Have they checked your battery?

that's what i would look at first for the trunk and locks issue

as for the twilight switch if it was just replaced then it would fall under a parts warranty and be covered even if you paid for it out of pocket the first time

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-10-12, 12:15 PM
DonRSD, I just wanted to let you know that I replied to your email and am looking forward to working with you! Please keep us posted on your updates.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

DonRSD
08-10-12, 02:12 PM
DonRSD, I just wanted to let you know that I replied to your email and am looking forward to working with you! Please keep us posted on your updates.

Katie

Katie - I responded to your email.
I'm kind of up against the clock as my car is going to be ready today.
Please check your email

DonRSD
08-14-12, 12:51 PM
Well I dont really hear back from Katie via email (only once).

My car was returned to me Friday 8/10 and some items werent fixed. The dealer wants me to come back in a week or 2 to fix everything.

Come Sunday 8/12, my car doesnt start. This was an issue I addressed via my GMPP claim and wasnt fixed.
I pay for a tow to a closer Cadillac dealer (I was at the movies & the nearest dealer was 1.5 miles away, servicing dealer was 18 miles away) and that dealer wont fix my car. So yesterday I had to pay for ANOTHER TOW to the original Cadilalc dealer to fix my car.

PLEASE RESPOND TO MY EMAILS KATIE!!!

DonRSD
08-14-12, 05:00 PM
Local Cadillac rep, Dave Kardashian, wont cover anything besides why my car wont start.

He wont cover issues i had, while under warranty, that werent fixed, like:

Auto on/off of headlights wont work. Lights always stay on
Front passenger a/c controls dont work for hot/cold. Blows same temperature a/c as the main a/c is set on
Rear a/c controls dont work for hot/cold. Blows same temperature a/c as the main a/c is set on
Factory alarm randomly unlocks doors after set
Factory alarm ramdonly opens trunk after set

AGAIN - all of these issues were addressed on July 31, while my car was under warranty.
Now that the GMPP rep didnt cover them at 1st, he doesnt want to cover them again.
My GMPP warranty clearly states that all of these items are covered.

Plus Dave Kardashian wont cover any towing, I have to go thru GMPP.
Dave wont cover any rentals, but Coral Cadillac will.

Coral Cadillac knew my auto headlights & a/c didnt work, AFTER THEY FIXED IT. Coral told me to come back in a week or 2 to 'push these items thru under my warranty'.
Dave has shut that down and now nothing is being fixed.

I need help ASAP.......

Kingoftypos
08-15-12, 04:04 AM
Call your local tv station that specializes in "getting things done."

KOT

DonRSD
08-24-12, 01:35 PM

Katie

Just wanted to let you know THANKS FOR NOTHING.

You emailed me 2 times, I responded and then NO ANSWER.
You responded the 1st time because I emailed you right after posting.
You sent a 2nd email AFTER I PM'd you, when you didnt respond to my email for almost 2 weeks.
Then you dont respond again.

Honestly - posting in here & dealing you Katie has been a total joke.

You didnt give any effort into my situation.

If you couldnt help, that would be fine.....just say so.
You told me you would 'look into it', gathered all my information, gathered all the dealers information, made me type out exactly what was going on and then dont do a thing, never respond to my emails.....NOTHING!!!

This was the worst customer service Ive ever experienced in my life.

Thanks for nothing.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-27-12, 06:49 PM
DonRSD, I am extremely sorry to hear this. I have just caught up with my emails after being absent from the office since Friday, and I do not see any new responses from you. If I have missed an update from you since my reply on the 15th, then I am very sorry. I will be checking my email inbox this week if you care to respond, and I apologize again for any confusion I've caused.

Katie

SurferTom
11-17-12, 06:26 PM
Call me curious, but how did Katie and Cadillac customer service and the dealer finally treat you on your issues with the non repair of covered items? My GMPP is quickly running out too but I don't have any specific issues at the moment. Customer service can not ever be replaced with lip service, which hopefully is not the case.