: Little update on my progress

customGTP
12-07-04, 10:54 PM
For those of your interested and have been following, I've added a bunch of new pages since you guys have seen it last... take a look

http://www.cardomain.com/id/94customgtp

haymaker
12-07-04, 11:54 PM
Great project. Looks like you are doing a super job. N* sure is big when you get out in the open. I found that out for myself. Good luck on the project.

STS 310
12-08-04, 01:12 AM
Man, that is some project. Looks great. Wish I could at least be in on half of that. Finnished will be what I am waiting for, but dont get me wrong, I love the work up!!!!!
Nice shit man.

botboy
12-08-04, 06:36 AM
I skimmed thru your cardomain site, looks like good quality work, I'm doing a somewhat similar project (rebuilding a northstar to drop in a truck), anyways I'm curious if you are planning on going with an aftermarket ecm or the stock unit with changes to the wiring and/or a custom chip?

Also, I see that you used the combination of a 3.8 camaro bellhousing and whatever was on the T56 together, out of curiousity:
1) was the bell on the t56 a small block chev unit?
2) what did you use for a flywheel/clutch combination?
3) do you know if the t56 will bolt up to a 60 deg S10/F-body V6 bellhousing (the ones that they put T-5's behind before they started putting NV3500's behind the V6 S10's)

I'm curious especially about #2 at the cost of a chrfab flywheel thats damn expensive ($420+ shipping).

Katshot
12-08-04, 07:07 AM
Dude you deserve MUCHO KUDOS for that project. Bet you can't wait to be done.

customGTP
12-08-04, 07:40 PM
thanks guys.. YEAH I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE DONE!!!!

BOTBOY:
1. A T56 has its own bolt pattern unique for the LS1.
2. I'm using a custom made flywheel with a decent pressure plate/clutch setup
3. Yes its a GM V6 bellhousing pattern and the S-10 bell is one of your options.

I thought it up and designed it and no fabricating it. Soon (1-3 months) to be starting it :)

botboy
12-08-04, 09:23 PM
thanks guys.. YEAH I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE DONE!!!!

BOTBOY:
1. A T56 has its own bolt pattern unique for the LS1.
2. I'm using a custom made flywheel with a decent pressure plate/clutch setup
3. Yes its a GM V6 bellhousing pattern and the S-10 bell is one of your options.

I thought it up and designed it and no fabricating it. Soon (1-3 months) to be starting it :)

Are you using the chrfab custom flywheel or ?

I know the GM 60 deg V6 is an option, I currently have a bell I'm in the process of modifying.

What are you using for engine management?

customGTP
12-09-04, 01:18 AM
oh yeah sorry.. yeah chrfab is my only option cause I dont know how to maschine the flywheel...so ill let the pro's do it.

I debated for months about the wiring. It is doable but not to the custom tuning that i wanna do. So i opted for the Commander 950 OnBoard Diagnostics setup by laptop.

botboy
12-09-04, 08:54 AM
oh yeah sorry.. yeah chrfab is my only option cause I dont know how to maschine the flywheel...so ill let the pro's do it.

I debated for months about the wiring. It is doable but not to the custom tuning that i wanna do. So i opted for the Commander 950 OnBoard Diagnostics setup by laptop.

Do you have the engine harness or stock ECM left? If so would you be interested in making a deal? What year N* did they come from if so?

Allante North *
12-09-04, 01:33 PM
I'm impressed! Looks like you have about got this project by the short hairs. I eve left you a nice comment on your page. :thumbsup:

customGTP
12-09-04, 03:37 PM
Thanx Allante...

I have the stock ECM for sale, 98 STS PM me

botboy
12-16-04, 04:44 PM
Thanx Allante...

I have the stock ECM for sale, 98 STS PM me

Damn, looking for an OBD1 STS Vin Y ECM, sorry....

customGTP
12-21-04, 07:59 PM
hey man its 94 computer... if you are interested email me and I can get you numbers... not sure of Y or 9 settings though.

Soccrplayrgtp@aol.com

shookman34
01-24-05, 09:54 PM
Wow!!!! Nice work so far....you just gotta let us know when you get it done. Didn't catch where you're from exactly...sounded like from the midwest. I just don't want to pull up next to that car by accident and decide to try to race ya:o