: experiencing gradual power loss and worst mpg

jovi440
08-07-12, 01:37 AM
Beginning to notice a gradual loss in power and poorer MPG. We all know that a new timing chain is in my future,but no codes have be thrown yet. My car is an 08 with 22,000 miles. Sure wish it would pop a code before I take my little 2500 mile trip in november, would hate having to get a timing chain replacement while on road. Maybe I should drive the car more often than I do now and maybe a tad more aggressive, may do the trick.:cool:

ztollon
09-17-12, 03:24 PM
Try a fuel injection cleaning if that doesn't work then the timing chain. Its a lot cheaper and would benifit the vehical anyways

ajazolino
09-17-12, 04:43 PM
Actually, check your oil. Low oil will make the car sluggish, one of my pistons actually froze up and used a lot of my oil and blew my engine at 39k miles

arw1510
09-18-12, 10:59 AM
Beginning to notice a gradual loss in power and poorer MPG. We all know that a new timing chain is in my future,but no codes have be thrown yet. My car is an 08 with 22,000 miles. Sure wish it would pop a code before I take my little 2500 mile trip in november, would hate having to get a timing chain replacement while on road. Maybe I should drive the car more often than I do now and maybe a tad more aggressive, may do the trick.:cool:

Wow, such low miles and already considering timing chain replacement? I have a 2012 cts and I already have 15,000 miles on it. also have a 04 with 155000 miles on it and dont plan on touching the timing chain on either.