: 2011+ Chrysler 300

ltdltc
08-06-12, 07:23 PM
Has anyone driven them? I think it looks a hell of a lot better inside & out then previous generation and the ZF 8 speed transmission added in 2012 makes the 3.6 Pentastar not a poverty choice.

http://i.imgur.com/L8LDo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d5crZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w2csl.jpg
Seems like a nice place to be.

Been eyeing Limited sedans and they aren't too badly priced.

The new Chargers look okay but I think the previous generation still looks good and I'd say that the redesign for it didn't really do it any favors.

hueterm
08-06-12, 08:01 PM
I still want to see a 300C w/the upgraded interior. However, one thing that kills me on these is the cheapo plastic they use on the rear fascia, that shudders at highway speeds....

orconn
08-06-12, 08:28 PM
Are those vultures starting to circle in the first picture of the 300?

CIWS
08-06-12, 08:41 PM
Walter White traded in his Aztec (sold it cheap) for a new 300 SRT8 and he's definitely become a gangster . . .

http://static.tvtome.com/images/genie_images/story/2012_usa/b/breakingbad_heisenhat.jpg

Rolex
08-06-12, 08:42 PM
I drove a rented one briefly. I HATED the transmission shifter thingie because it was pretty tricky to get it into the desired gear. The interior felt cheap but looked nice, and the seats were very stiff. Oh and it's a Chrysler.

thebigjimsho
08-06-12, 10:24 PM
Yep, my parent company refuses to get it because its a CHRYSLER. That and the trunk is small as is the back seat...

MrHolland
08-06-12, 11:20 PM
Are those vultures starting to circle in the first picture of the 300?
Isnt that what happens right before death?? LoL

Jesda
08-07-12, 07:37 AM
That electronic shifter would be obnoxious for parallel parking, otherwise its a lot of car for the money! $32k gets you damn near every feature you could want.

truckinman
08-07-12, 12:47 PM
I think the new ones are a very classy car in and out. But I'm just afraid Chrysler has put all their efforts into making sure their cars have LED tail lights and Audi style all day running lights, and not enough into the reliability factor. I could be wrong but doubt I am.

Playdrv4me
08-07-12, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure that ZF being a transmission supplier is such a good thing anymore. Their 5HP24 5 speed, which I used to think was fairly bulletproof, has proven to be a disastrous pile of garbage as the years go on. Every model that transmission was installed in, including the Phaeton (AWD drive version), E38 and Range Rover are beginning to have incredibly high transmission failure rates and it is increasingly the same problem causing the failures over and over. I also hated the 6HP26 in the 2003 745i I had. Lots of slamming into gear and other problems.

Hopefully they've rectified whatever the issue was back then, because if it takes 5-10 years for the problems to develop on their newer transmissions, all of the cars they are installed in will be out of warranty by then, and ZF transmissions are NOT cheap.

orconn
08-07-12, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear about longevity problems in some ZF transmissions. I had ZF manual and automatic transmissions on several of the cars I have owned and never had any trouble with any of them. The manual transmississions were the best I have ever driven and the automatics as good as the great GM trans (probably the industry's best) I have owned. Of course all of those cars were traded before they had 80,000 miles on them.

thebigjimsho
08-08-12, 01:05 PM
That electronic shifter would be obnoxious for parallel parking, otherwise its a lot of car for the money! $32k gets you damn near every feature you could want.

That is true. I do like the car myself...

FoD
08-08-12, 04:05 PM
I rented one a couple of months ago, and thought similarly to others on the transmission and shifting...didn't care for it. I like the design of the previous gen on the outside, but the new interior is an improvement. The seats however would be more comfortable if made out of stone than whatever they are now...stiff and solid. No plushness at all. Trunk is small, compared to my V. But Caddy vs. Chrysler is not comparable when trunk space is concerned. Overall, nice car for the coin, but I'll spend my money elsewhere.

brandondeleo
08-08-12, 09:18 PM
I think it's a very nice car, especially considering how tacky the first modern 300C was.

ryannel2003
08-09-12, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure that ZF being a transmission supplier is such a good thing anymore. Their 5HP24 5 speed, which I used to think was fairly bulletproof, has proven to be a disastrous pile of garbage as the years go on. Every model that transmission was installed in, including the Phaeton (AWD drive version), E38 and Range Rover are beginning to have incredibly high transmission failure rates and it is increasingly the same problem causing the failures over and over. I also hated the 6HP26 in the 2003 745i I had. Lots of slamming into gear and other problems.

Hopefully they've rectified whatever the issue was back then, because if it takes 5-10 years for the problems to develop on their newer transmissions, all of the cars they are installed in will be out of warranty by then, and ZF transmissions are NOT cheap.

I'm so glad my car has the GM tranny. If I ever loose reverse it's a cheap fix. For the ZF, not so much.