Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Kids in a coupe

4K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  JBsZ06 
#1 ·
Hi - I have a CTS4 2008 sedan - I am considering a 2012 CTS4 coupe, but I have 2 kids at 10 - will they be "stored" away in a coupe and not be able to see the daylight?:cool2:

#2 ·
Not sure if you are asking a question, but go to your dealer with your kids and check it out. That is pretty much what anyone would have to do to see for oneself...

Reactions: J W
#4 ·
Ahhh, I did not understand that. My apologies. Hopefully someone will give you the information you need.

And how did your men's pairs lose in badminton? Too bad as I was rooting for them.

#5 ·
Anyone sitting in the back seat of the coupe is going to have a tough time seeing much...especially kids. The seats sit low and the windows back there are pretty small. I guess it just depends on how often the kids will be riding back there and whether or not that's a deal breaker for you.

#6 ·
Can your kids get in/out of back seat? Yes. Will they have any legroom? Depends on where front passengers sit; if my car, no legroom behind driver. Will they be able to see much? No.

Can you easily get them in/out of back seat? No.

I just can't see owning a Coupe if you really need a functional back seat on a regular basis.

#7 ·
I disagree with your last sentence to some extent. In the US, not that long ago, coupes were the norm, and I remember climbing in and out of the back seats, complaining about the seat belts getting in the way, etc. As a kid, I didn't care one way or another. In Europe, coupes are much more common than in the US, so I don't really see it being a dealbreaker. On the other hand, if you will be putting adults in the back seat on a regular or semi-regular basis, then the coupe is probably not for you. If I had 10 year olds, I wouldn't let the back seat stop me. Now, 16, 17, or more, that's a different story (but hopefully they'll have their own car then anyway). Also, I would add that having the coupe would make everyone in your country envious. (FYI, Been to Denmark before, loved it)

#8 ·
As long as the kids can buckle their own seat belt...... I say definitely get the stunning coupe...

Americas best styling in decades.

If you swing it get the CTS V coupe. Worth the gas money even at 10 dollars a gallon.

All kidding aside I have the 300 hp v6 with all wheel drIve and it scoots too.

Good luck(get the coupe)

JB

#9 ·
Although the coupe is one of the best looking cars on the road, I'd have to say it's a 2 seat-er. Seat must be moved forward every time you enter or exit. May be not as far for a 10yr old but still its a pain. I'm 6ft and it's not bad once your in, but to get there is no fun. I would take 2 back there on a long road trip, but for in and out round town no way.

#11 ·
not only do I have a coupe and have adults in the back often enough but I have been the back seats for short and long drives. I'm 6' tall and not the smallest guy but it is comfy back there. more then enough leg room. the car is big so you don't have to have the front seat all the way back to have enough room in the front.

the only problem of course is getting in and out. Not the easiest to get out but then again it is a two door. kids I found have no problem. even my 15 year old brother and his friend. I would say if you like how it looks grab it. it's worth every penny IMO

#17 ·
I don't believe some of you guys. I'm 73 years old and have a coupe. I also have a grandson who is 6' 5" tall. When he and his wife are with us I offer to sit in the back with her because there is not enough headroom in the rear for him. I also had back surgery a year ago. I have no problem at all and neither does his wife who is 6' tall. A 2 seater indeed do some of you even have this car?

#18 ·
Million, I'm glad to see so many owners already offering their opinions that you requested! If you'd ever like to discuss your coupe concerns with a Customer Service representative, I see that Cadillac Denmark's Customer Hotline is 00800-8680 8800 and agents can be reached via email cadillac.europe@gm.com.

Thank you for considering another Cadillac! :)

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#19 ·
Hi nimble, after recovering from feeling like a "wimp" from reading your post (LOL!), I do have a question. How often do you/others, utilize the back seat? I know it can be done, it is just very inconvenient to do it on a regular basis (say over once a week), imo.

I just turned 70; nice to see someone even older with the flexibility to fold into the back seat! :D

#20 ·
MotownPimp said:
Hi nimble, after recovering from feeling like a "wimp" from reading your post (LOL!), I do have a question. How often do you/others, utilize the back seat? I know it can be done, it is just very inconvenient to do it on a regular basis (say over once a week), imo.

I just turned 70; nice to see someone even older with the flexibility to fold into the back seat! :D
In the past six months, I have only utilized the back seat once and that lasted thirty minutes.

#21 ·
We've got two 10 year olds (and one that's just turning 6) and I've had two of them in the back seats of the coupe several times. (We also own a Kia Sportage SUV though, which is the more appropriate vehicle for hauling the whole family around.)

In any case, yes - they can sit in the back just fine. They're used to situations where all 3 have to sit in the back of a bench-type seat anyway, where the person in the middle crowds the space of the other two. So in that respect, it's MORE comfortable than what they usually have to deal with.

But the other person who posted about the SLOW power seats is right, too. That was one of my #1 complaints when I first got this car. I couldn't believe the seats are so SLOW in moving forward and back. Sure, you have a lever to pull to make the seat-back fall forward, but you still have to hold down the button to slide the whole thing forward after that, so there's enough room to exit the car. IMO, the speed the seats move is fine for a driver just trying to adjust his/her position - but not for getting in/out of the back seats. What Cadillac SHOULD have done is to make a two-speed system where pressing the buttons on the back of the front seats makes them travel forward/back much faster than using the directional adjustment on the side of the seat, for a driver or passenger.

#27 ·
To own a coupe is to accept the two door situation.

Now those who buy a coupe...yearn for the stunning ...I mean absolutely stunning good looks of the CTS coupe..

ITs a quintessenial (SP) design of the decade.....

American design at its finest. It will be revered for decades to come ...(by most journalist perpsective as well)

There are always a slight sacrifice for such style..

I say go for it. Two ten year olds who can buckle themselves..I say GO FOR IT.

When I was ten my dad had a 1969 duetto spider that both my sister and I sat in the back bucket when we took that car...

I have memories of my dad driving that car my entire life. it was the best fun! I clearly recommend you treat yourself to the style of that stunning CTS ..

I believe it to be the best styled coupe in the market under 100 grand..maybe 200 grand..

It will stand the test of time for decades as the finest american styling ever..

Good luck and live life to the fulliest!

JMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.