: Allow me to introduce myself;

2blackcaddies
08-06-12, 06:09 AM
Hello all, I am a longtime forum lurker who has just finally registered and ready to get in on the discussions. I've seen alot of great stuff on this site and am a long time Cadillac nut. ...I've got a bit of knowledge as I worked at the midwest's largest pre-owned Cadillac dealer for 8 years in sales, finance, service, and Internet departments. I've driven all of them just about, and am in love with the two I own today. I look forward to having some great discussions and will certainly have some questions as there seems to be quite a few really knowledgable people here. ....cheers!

MrHolland
08-06-12, 06:22 AM
Cmon in, the water's fine!! Welcome and enjoy your stay.

brandondeleo
08-06-12, 06:23 AM
Welcome!

2blackcaddies
08-06-12, 06:28 AM
Cool, that was quick! What's up gentlemen!

brandondeleo
08-06-12, 06:42 AM
Working the graveyard shift! That's why I'm constantly on here... :lol:

2blackcaddies
08-06-12, 06:47 AM
I just posted a good one over in the v6 forum if your interested.... It's a doozy.

Johnxlrv
08-06-12, 07:48 AM
Working the graveyard shift! That's why I'm constantly on here... :lol:

Lol...20 years of shift work (finally on straight days)...my hats off to you!

Also welcome! ...sounds like some stories are afoot with that experience!

brandondeleo
08-06-12, 08:00 AM
I've only been doing graveyard for two years now, but it's still a rough shift to work!

MrHolland
08-06-12, 08:21 AM
Sleep all day so you never have time to spend all that money!! :thumbsup:

brandondeleo
08-06-12, 08:30 AM
Sleep all day so you never have time to spend all that money!! :thumbsup:
I wish! Full time student, too!

M5eater
08-06-12, 08:32 AM
Allow me to introduce myself;

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/interesting-you-may-proceed.jpg

Ranger
08-06-12, 10:07 AM
:welcome:
Add the cars, models and years you own to your profile. It will be a big help if you ever post a question.

I worked at the midwest's largest pre-owned Cadillac dealer for 8 years
Who would that be (if you care to name names). Just curious.

2blackcaddies
08-06-12, 12:02 PM
http://www.diamondjimscars.com/meet_our_crew I am Joseph LaCroix II...... Can't remember if I'm sitting in a sl500 or a clk500 in that pic...

talismandave
08-06-12, 06:10 PM
:welcome5:
Glad you decided to join in the fun. Nice to have another nearby forum member. Got a few other WI guys here. A few more and we will have to plan a get together! :cheers:
I sold in Madison for 7 years, one at a Lincoln/Mercury store and six at Pontiac/Olds/GMC. Once you get settled in we will have to share "war stories" sometime. I have always threatened to post about my "Fuzzy Dice Close" sometime!

OK...now that we have the niceties out of the way...if you have been lurking around here for a while, you should know the rules.

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!:lol:

Lets see those Cadillacs!:prettyplease:

2blackcaddies
08-06-12, 08:36 PM
Neither car camera ready but here they are... 04 cts 60k 5 Spd and 2000 deville 106k. Cts going to tranny shop tomorrow and deville to dealer for ac after that. ... 94 Suzuki 750 in background.

2blackcaddies
08-06-12, 08:41 PM
Old pics....

Deville in front of my restaurant, and cts last summer before I painted the grille. Both cars have the ugliest wheels gm ever put on cadillacs, but I love them still.

CadillacLuke24
08-06-12, 08:44 PM
Glad to have another Cadillac fanatic! Welcome to the forums :D

77CDV
08-06-12, 09:52 PM
:welcome: Lovely pair of Cads!

97EldETC
08-06-12, 10:35 PM
Why type of restaurant? I love a good restaurant!

2blackcaddies
08-06-12, 11:50 PM
American Standards... Burgers, Chicken, Steak, Ribs, Shrimp. 100% independant. Live music on Saturdays. Classic comfort food done right with all high quality product. No pink slime, no commercial soups or sauces. All from scratch, fresh, good stuff. In fact, I'd like to get some local Caddy fans together and meet up at my place.... Fill the lot with caddies and have a party!

97EldETC
08-06-12, 11:59 PM
I highly doubt your in California.....

2blackcaddies
08-07-12, 02:22 AM
Nope basically Milwaukee.

talismandave
08-07-12, 03:01 AM
Count me in! I'll even park the Volvo out back!

2blackcaddies
08-07-12, 03:41 AM
Yeah, volvos go behind the building... lol

2blackcaddies
08-07-12, 03:44 AM
I've totally got a story about a guy, a settlement, a Volvo, and a chihuaha.. Nsfw....

2blackcaddies
08-07-12, 03:52 AM
Sorry that looks kinda rude in print... The volvos out back thing... Sorry I'm new here and socially inept.

MrHolland
08-07-12, 03:57 AM
Youre gonna fit in here just fine

Jesda
08-07-12, 07:36 AM
Lol.

talismandave
08-07-12, 08:36 AM
Sorry that looks kinda rude in print... The volvos out back thing... Sorry I'm new here and socially inept.
Seemed like a totally normal response to me, and absolutely reasonable in deference to the Cadillac's.

Youre gonna fit in here just fine
I like this guy already!

truckinman
08-07-12, 12:41 PM
I've only been doing graveyard for two years now, but it's still a rough shift to work!

Try always doing a different shift. One day I work from 4 am to 6 pm, another 3 pm to 3 AM. Then maybe a 2 am to 3 pm somewhere in that mix. Or maybe go 48 hrs no sleep for work. Done that too. Lol. Ahhhh the life of a trucker. Lol.

And btw welcome aboard man! It's a good place to stay a while!

Johnxlrv
08-07-12, 08:31 PM
Yeah, volvos go behind the building... lol

After replacing a secondary fuel pump in a V70, I decided to give it away (yea, the damm thing is still running after four years later)...when I got my caddy, it seemed right and natural to claim the garage for this ride...and only one car in a two car garage at that!

I am just deciding if a second caddy is reasonable for a DD...got to love the N* for mileage...just have to find the right one...major road work in my commute path has placed the XLR in the garage for the next month (ok, it will be in the V corral for a certain Sonoma raceway weekend)...though I hate to subject any Cadillac to rock chips from construction.

2blackcaddies
08-07-12, 09:11 PM
Xlr-v nice.. I've only driven one... Love the trick exhaust that opens up when you hit it. Now, thats what, 4.4L? I wonder how the head gaskets do in the supercharged n*... probably not enough around to know scientifically. Anyways a dts or sts4 would compliment your v perfectly in that two car garage. Drive Cadillac exclusively. Hey, if you're anywhere near Milwaukee, ya gotta bring that v to The Tower 6869 w forest home ave so we can check it out! That's a 100g car!

2blackcaddies
08-07-12, 09:13 PM
Oh, a second Cadillac as a DD is totally reasonable, just buy the right one. My next car will be a 08 dts performance followed by a 07 ctsv, then ( by then) prob a 9 or 10 ext.

Johnxlrv
08-07-12, 10:42 PM
Xlr-v nice.. I've only driven one... Love the trick exhaust that opens up when you hit it. Now, thats what, 4.4L? I wonder how the head gaskets do in the supercharged n*... probably not enough around to know scientifically. Anyways a dts or sts4 would compliment your v perfectly in that two car garage. Drive Cadillac exclusively. Hey, if you're anywhere near Milwaukee, ya gotta bring that v to The Tower 6869 w forest home ave so we can check it out! That's a 100g car!

120g with the dealer markup...which was another nail in the coffin of the xlr...yea 4.4L lowered to 9 to 1 compression...with a lowly 435 ish hp...(as compared to the cts-v)...but when you drive a wheezy 100 hp 1.6l del " slow"...anything seems fast.

Hope to see the d3 v at Sonoma OEM vs. mods...should be an interesting discussion as we watch team Cadillac win lol

ca here, so Milwaukee may not happen...wife wants a RV cross country trip...do I tow the del "soak" (another name lol) or a xlr...soo many choices rofl

2blackcaddies
08-07-12, 11:01 PM
Oh no you can't tow the xlr.... Sooooo many things could go wrong I'd be terrified the whole way. And I felt 435 ish was just right for the car. The what, 320(?)hp in the standard car was underpowered for what it was. Xlr v is out of my price bubble right now, but I'd sure love a mint-ish 05 red xlr with about 65k for under 30g... I'd prob be a buyer if that car fell in my lap...almost every car I've ever had has been black.... The xlr is the one car that would be red... But that dark almost maroon red that I think was only offered 04-05. A vette would be black. A escalade would be black. My upcoming dts and v will both be black. Anybody know if there was something different about the reds offered on a xlr in 04/05 for sure?

2blackcaddies
08-07-12, 11:07 PM
Ha just manheimed 05 xlrs....6 in the country at Manheim wholesale auction.... No red... 2 black, 2 blue, 2 gray. Miles- 38k to 90k. Price 18.8k to 26.2k (via MMR). 2 in TX, 2 in FL, 1 Indiana, 1 AZ. Crap.... What's my account balance again?....

Johnxlrv
08-08-12, 07:39 AM
Oh no you can't tow the xlr.... Sooooo many things could go wrong I'd be terrified the whole way. And I felt 435 ish was just right for the car. The what, 320(?)hp in the standard car was underpowered for what it was. Xlr v is out of my price bubble right now, but I'd sure love a mint-ish 05 red xlr with about 65k for under 30g... I'd prob be a buyer if that car fell in my lap...almost every car I've ever had has been black.... The xlr is the one car that would be red... But that dark almost maroon red that I think was only offered 04-05. A vette would be black. A escalade would be black. My upcoming dts and v will both be black. Anybody know if there was something different about the reds offered on a xlr in 04/05 for sure?

It would be on a covered trailer...you may find a V close to your price...I paid 39k for mine with 37k miles...though it seems that, even with behaving, the 28mpg with the standard N*, drops to 23.

2blackcaddies
08-08-12, 10:02 PM
Interesting.... I wouldn't have anticipated the drop in mpgs with less displacement, lower compression, and forced induction.... (while behaving). But nontheless if it's a covered trailer do it! Free dinner for two if you show up with it someday!

2blackcaddies
08-09-12, 02:15 AM
I take that back. I take it for granted that the xlrv has different enough gear ratios that it gobbles up the gas due to that. It is intuitive.. going from 3.42 gears on a 3.6 cts to 3.73 gears on a 3.2 cts takes more gas even though It has smaller displacement. Looking up now...