: i need help with a VW New Beetle

blalockchiro
08-05-12, 06:38 PM
ok,ok,ok...i know this is a Cadillac: website, but i tried to get on newbeetle.org, to pose a question like here and i am getting no where on just to get a thread started....so put your minds together and i know we can solve this problem....does anyone know anything about an 07 Beetle 2.5 l engine? if so, pls pm me and i will explain what is happening....thanks:shhh:

MoistCabbage
08-05-12, 06:51 PM
This should have been posted in the lounge. A mod will move it for you.

CadillacLuke24
08-06-12, 03:53 AM
What do you need to know? Perhaps genral engine knowledge can help here.

Jesda
08-06-12, 03:57 AM
You should ask the question.

blalockchiro
08-06-12, 07:23 AM
ok, thanks for the info so far, this is what happened, battery went dead, wife left lights on, sams club changed, since their battery, when they got done, the stability control, the EPC and engine lights on in the dash, i had no throttle response and no cold ac....i know with this many symptoms out, that a relay may have blown, my question is, where the heck are the relays, i checked all of the fuses, and all good,,,,,what do y'all think?

truckinman
08-06-12, 09:54 AM
We don't necessarily have to know much about the VW 2.5 so much as how an internal combustion engine works to maybe help you with this one. So ask away. Oops didn't see that you went ahead and posted it. Lol. My bad...

Jesda
08-06-12, 11:07 AM
When a car's dash lights up like a Christmas tree it often indicates some kind of charging system issue. Could possibly be a bad cable to the alternator, battery, or fuse box. Fuse block could be toast too. I recommend taking it to a shop and having them narrow down the fried connection.

Also, do you have an OBDII code reader? Can you take it to Autozone (or any shop) and have it scanned?

blalockchiro
08-06-12, 01:33 PM
thanks for all the help guys....found out what happened...apparently, sams club tech, hooked the battery up backwards, causing the the entire electronics system to short out...VW mechanic at local dealer had to reset the computer system...everything works fine...and by the way...sams club did pay for their mistake..:cool2: so thanks again...now back to the deville forum where i belong

MrHolland
08-07-12, 12:13 AM
Come back when you cant stay so long!!!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) J/K!!!

-----Glad you got your problem solved!!!