: Cleaning rear window with WindRestrictor installed?

mchaney9900
08-05-12, 11:04 AM
This may be a stupid question, but I need to ask anyway.
I have a 2008 XLR with a WindRestrictor installed. How can I clean the inside of the rear window? I can't get to it with the top up or down.
Also, What will happen if I start the cycle to put the top down and stop at the 1/2 way point? Will the top continue to go down if I push the switch again or will I have to do it manually. I'm afraid to try without knowing. I appreciate any response.

Johnxlrv
08-06-12, 08:43 AM
I usually stop my top mid point to ensure that all gasket surfaces are treated and checking for any leaks, etc.

If you clean the rear window, do not exert much side pressure...is your wind shield easily removable?

Anthony Cundari
08-23-12, 11:24 PM
This is what I do: Engine running, stop the roof retraction at a point that the rear window is near vertical. Keep the engine running. Kneel on the seat and clean the window. When done, continue cycle in same direction until it completes the cycle. I have been doing it this way for the past 2 years. Got a wind restrictor last year and I just reach over it to get to the glass. The first time I did it I turned off the engine and 5 mins later the top started dropping as the hydraulic pressure dropped.