: TV Antenna for 2010 CTS-V

elna9ry
08-05-12, 04:08 AM
Hi guys,

I just bought my 2010 V sedan a couple of months ago and I've noticed that the TV is not working at all, the tab in the NAV screen was disabled. However, when I raised it up to the dealer here in my country (Bahrain, Middle East) they told me that TV & Bluetooth features are disabled in our countries because they are directly linked to the OnStar system which is only operational in the U.S.

The dealer did me a favor by enabling the TV button in the NAV system, however, there are no channels at all because there is actually no antenna connected to the system.

I've been googling (using many keywords) to find any antenna that will fit in the system to catch signals and give me the ability to watch TV channels in my car, but with no luck.

Can anyone here guide me to an antenna (OEM or aftermarket) that can be connected to the system?

thebigjimsho
08-05-12, 09:53 PM
We don't have TV here...

...well in our Vs anyway...

elna9ry
08-06-12, 04:39 AM
We don't have TV here...

...well in our Vs anyway...

You don't?!?! It's linked to the OnStar system, I thought you all had it.

Do you guys have the Bluetooth functional?

Trapspeed
08-06-12, 08:26 AM
Bluetooth works for audio devices, yes.

elna9ry
08-06-12, 01:06 PM
Bluetooth works for audio devices, yes.

Why don't the tv work then?!

Ludacrisvp
08-06-12, 01:52 PM
I don't know of any USA cars that have tv tuners in them, at least not for the main radio in the dash.

Houdini
08-06-12, 01:53 PM
probably because our govt thinks channel surfing could be a distraction to the driver.... they may be right lol

M5eater
08-06-12, 03:19 PM
Because the NHTSA says animation in the front is a distraction.

No DVD's can play while the car is in motion, and similarly, no TV in the front of the car.

interesting that the car has the capability for it though. I'm shocked it hasn't been hacked or something.

elna9ry
08-06-12, 04:53 PM
I don't think any car producers will let you watch TV while driving, all the cars that come with a TV as an option will only let you watch it when the gear is in Park or if manual when the hand brake is applied, in my case, the screen activates when I put the gear shifter to Park, however, I don't get any signal, hence my inquiry about the TV antenna.

If you guys want me to upload a video showing the Tv I will be happy to.

elna9ry
08-06-12, 05:05 PM
Sorry, I meant signal

thebigjimsho
08-06-12, 11:32 PM
That would be cool to see...

Zhariak
08-07-12, 09:17 AM
I don't think any car producers will let you watch TV while driving, all the cars that come with a TV as an option will only let you watch it when the gear is in Park or if manual when the hand brake is applied, in my case, the screen activates when I put the gear shifter to Park, however, I don't get any signal, hence my inquiry about the TV antenna.

If you guys want me to upload a video showing the Tv I will be happy to.

Actually, could you upload a Youtube vid?

What happens when you choose TV, does it show static?

Double e
08-07-12, 06:25 PM
So it must have a digital tuner in it as well. Cool. I'm also interested in pics.

elna9ry
08-07-12, 07:28 PM
YouTube video is in the below link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGN6KvHhVVQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Zhariak
08-07-12, 08:56 PM
YouTube video is in the below link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGN6KvHhVVQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf.....

That is super cool! Thanks for uploading the video...

Fellow Cadillacforums members, we need to find a hack to get this working on our system, and we need to help this guy get his unit working!

EDIT: Found this http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/31242-cts-tv-tuner.html

Trapspeed
08-07-12, 10:31 PM
Damn man. That is nuts! Someone here will figure this out, I'm sure. Thanks for the post! 96 degrees at 1:20 AM. Good Lord. Stay cool!

elna9ry
08-16-12, 09:23 PM
Bump

thebigjimsho
08-18-12, 05:39 PM
Wish I could help. I don't know where I could even start...

Houdini
08-18-12, 05:52 PM
wait4me would know. I know in the service menu there is an import/export toggle. Not sure what it does. Highly doubt we have the tuner built in. There is a screen in the service menu that shows you the components of the navigation system and I don't recall seeing a tv module listed. I'll have to check again.

PeteK
08-18-12, 09:23 PM
With the changover of broadcasters to digital video, I don't think you'd see anything even if the system did have a tuner. Cool thing though.

SoCalCTSV
08-19-12, 02:38 PM
When we ordered our 2012 Range Rover Evoque, sales lady said front passenger could watch DVD screen whole driver only saw standard nav screen due to a screen feature that lets each view different things. I think it was also only headphone via Bluetooth. Wife was excited but when we got the car, we found out, it was only a Euro option.

wait4me
08-20-12, 01:25 PM
The programming only allows either XM or tv for an option.

Gulf cars get the tv while driving option. BUT no XM as xm isnt an option in those countries.

To turn on the tv it simple, you have to go to the service menu, and select export as the startup type.
THEN you have to have sps service to flash the radio with the tv selections to be turned on, If you select it like Dubai settings, then you have everything except you will see that the xm selection has been changed to say tv.

As for wiring, you have to wire up the tv module, and the tv diversity antenna up and then run 2 wires to the radio. The wiring diagrams are available thru the dealer, It just shows Export wiring.

The secret though to make it work is changing the value in the service menu for startup.

Tv does work while driving. Funny thing though is, over in dubai and driving with a TON of V owners, not once have i witnessed them watching tv...

readyact
08-20-12, 08:36 PM
Jesse, any thoughts of adding a TV tuner to the DVD unlocker?

wait4me
08-21-12, 12:02 PM
sorry no. we dont have any more of the unlockers, they have been canceled. :(