: Well, THIS is stupid >:-/

hulksdaddy
08-04-12, 09:41 PM
Bottom of my drivers side headrest fell down. I pushed it back up, and it fell again a little later. Seems to be attached by screw-like plastic push pins going into some soft material.

Stupid.

M5eater
08-04-12, 09:56 PM
Pics?

I noticed the other day that the leather 'droops' below the plastic retainers in the main backrest of the seats the other day too.

I had to put up with it on the G8 because it had 30K miles and they 'said' it was normal.

I'm thinking that might change for e 70K CTS-V though..

hulksdaddy
08-04-12, 10:06 PM
Let me see if I can get a good pic...

hulksdaddy
08-04-12, 10:27 PM
Here are some pics. Looks like the area where these "finned" push pins insert into is a soft material that the fins are supposed to grab on to. Well, when they pull out, they mess up the area, and make it tough/impossible to hang on to after that. I may just throw some epoxy on the area, push them ion, and that should hold them forever. If not, I'll have them replace the headrest.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/hulksdaddy/IMG_4226.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/hulksdaddy/IMG_4227.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/hulksdaddy/IMG_4228.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/hulksdaddy/IMG_4229.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/hulksdaddy/IMG_4231.jpg

Cool shot of Black Diamond :-)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/hulksdaddy/IMG_4232.jpg

DrMongo
08-05-12, 08:26 AM
Had the same problem 2 weeks after I got my 12 Cpe. Pushed back up, stayed for three days:(! Used "Goop" on the pins and it's been fine for 10 months!!

cts_v_rocks
08-05-12, 08:30 AM
I have the same problem. It is going to the dealer for something else soon and I will just have them fix it.

M5eater
08-05-12, 08:40 AM
Uhh, wow. I'd have them replace that since they're apart of the restraint system. Remember they're 'active' head rests.

hulksdaddy
08-05-12, 10:11 AM
Had the same problem 2 weeks after I got my 12 Cpe. Pushed back up, stayed for three days:(! Used "Goop" on the pins and it's been fine for 10 months!!

Yeah, I'm going to do the same

Uhh, wow. I'd have them replace that since they're apart of the restraint system. Remember they're 'active' head rests.

The thing weighs a couple ounces. It's cosmetic, so don't think it effects the active headrest feature in any way.

blacaddy
08-05-12, 10:21 AM
Does 'Active' mean when the bottom falls out?? If you remove the headrest from the seat it will be much easier to work on.....I believe you can and probably should fix it yourself to make sure it is done correctly>>>the 'stealership' will probably just replace it with a new one which has better than even chance of doing the same thing>>>>good luck with the repair

hulksdaddy
08-05-12, 10:38 AM
Does 'Active' mean when the bottom falls out?? If you remove the headrest from the seat it will be much easier to work on.....I believe you can and probably should fix it yourself to make sure it is done correctly>>>the 'stealership' will probably just replace it with a new one which has better than even chance of doing the same thing>>>>good luck with the repair

I don't think the bottom has anything to do with the "active" function:

An active head restraint moves forward and upward in a rear-end collision to decrease the space between the restraint and the occupant’s head, reducing the degree to which the head accelerates before making contact. The less acceleration, the lower the chance of injury.

Using a lever-action mechanism built into a seat, the active restraint redirects the force of an occupant’s body as it presses into the backrest to move the head restraint forward. The beauty of this design is that it reacts proportionately to the occupant’s motion. Unlike the type of pyrotechnic charge used in airbags and seat belt pretensioners — the intensity of which may be too high or low — the active head restraints’ motion is dictated by the occupant’s size and weight and the severity of impact.

blacaddy
08-06-12, 09:34 AM
I was kidding about the 'active' function and the bottom falling out.....did you get it out and fixed?

Airfoto
08-06-12, 05:30 PM
Sad to see this - BUTT - just more of that Cadallic pride at the factory! What a bad joke GM is. They can come up with concepts and build a very nice car up until the last two days of the build when they just say OK we're finished - sell it! No quality control at all!

That show on TV - Top Gear - that guy said it all about GM and the CTS V line - GM builds a great car and forgets to finish what they started. The car has a truck headliner in it! It's like they just bolted stuff on the car and the customer is the test track. Most GM dealer techs, don't have a clue about the V and can't support the maintence on the car!

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-07-12, 08:12 PM
Bottom of my drivers side headrest fell down. I pushed it back up, and it fell again a little later. Seems to be attached by screw-like plastic push pins going into some soft material.

Stupid.

I'm sorry to hear about these issues you are having with your vehicle! If you decide to visit the dealership for this concern, please feel free to contact us for assistance.

Ashley (assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

muohio
08-07-12, 08:21 PM
Same thing happened on my car. Was embarrassing when a $70k car has a headrest falling apart at the 2k mile mark and having a co-worker point it out.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-07-12, 09:36 PM
Pics?

I noticed the other day that the leather 'droops' below the plastic retainers in the main backrest of the seats the other day too.

I had to put up with it on the G8 because it had 30K miles and they 'said' it was normal.

I'm thinking that might change for e 70K CTS-V though..

I see that you are experiencing the same issue as Hulkdaddy. As a Cadillac customer, your satisfaction is our priority! Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in getting you involved with a dealership to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Ashley (assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

N3716E
08-08-12, 05:32 PM
My 2012 did the same thing on the passenger headrest. Haven't gotten it to the dealer for a fix yet.

SoCal_V
08-08-12, 05:53 PM
UAW pride & quality :rolleyes:

M5eater
08-09-12, 08:19 AM
UAW pride & quality :rolleyes:
UAW does not assemble the headrests, or any part of the seats.
Lear does.

The Tony Show
08-09-12, 08:48 AM
>>>the 'stealership' will probably just replace it with a new one which has better than even chance of doing the same thing>>>>

Or maybe- juuust maybe - they'll fix it properly, do a great job and take care of the problem.

Of course, you'll never know if you just start calling them names before they even do anything to deserve it and try to fix the problem yourself instead of using the warranty included with the vehicle.

RippyPartsDept
08-09-12, 11:39 AM
UAW does not assemble the headrests, or any part of the seats.
Lear does.
Easier to just blame the UAW

thebigjimsho
08-09-12, 11:59 AM
Sad to see this - BUTT - just more of that Cadallic pride at the factory! What a bad joke GM is. They can come up with concepts and build a very nice car up until the last two days of the build when they just say OK we're finished - sell it! No quality control at all!

That show on TV - Top Gear - that guy said it all about GM and the CTS V line - GM builds a great car and forgets to finish what they started. The car has a truck headliner in it! It's like they just bolted stuff on the car and the customer is the test track. Most GM dealer techs, don't have a clue about the V and can't support the maintence on the car!

You know, you're getting to the point where you're just a tired act. A one trick pony. I don't think I see anything but attacks on GM from you these days. And while you may have legit gripes, its overdone.

But, hey, you didn't rely on your signature ALL CAPS. So there's hope for you yet...

hulksdaddy
08-17-12, 09:16 PM
Glued it up, see how that goes. :bouncy:

larry arizona
08-17-12, 09:35 PM
You guys must be like 7 feet tall. Why are you raising the headrest up? Its in the best and safest position with the back of you head in the center of the headrest.

But FTR the bottom should not fall out. F the dealer and glue it up yourself.

hulksdaddy
09-14-12, 01:20 PM
Update. Hasn't fallen since glued. Good to go.