: Ads

SteK
08-04-12, 02:50 PM
Whats with the ads all over the place? Very annoying, have to turn vol off, so net ads seen = 0. So why spoil things for 10p?

Pathetic...

Lzr
08-04-12, 04:13 PM
if you use firefox get the Ad blocker add-on installed, worked for me

it is quite irritating when the sound kicks on, you click on it to turn it off and 30 sec later , starts again...

Tlorenzen
08-06-12, 01:25 AM
They don't have enough donaters to keep the site running with this mass amount of users. So, resorting to adds helps pay for us to have a free longue. Annoying for us, good for whoever hosts it.

bbozsik
08-08-12, 08:43 PM
The easy solution if you find good info from this site is to be a supporting member. No ads and nothing left to complain about!

josney
08-08-12, 11:36 PM
yeah, you bunch of cheap sons a bitchs.....payup!!!

Kingoftypos
08-08-12, 11:43 PM
:yeah:

Well I wouldn't put it so harshly. But what do you expect? Non-supportive members gets ads. We don't, why? Because we paid for ad free.

It's like you downloading all those little games for free. Instead of paying a measly 99cents.

KOT

ShapeShifter
08-08-12, 11:45 PM
When you call them that, smile!!:)

josney
08-08-12, 11:56 PM
:cool: ok, im smilin you cheap bunch of suns a bitches,,,,,pay up beotche

ShapeShifter
08-09-12, 12:09 AM
^^The Virginian would be proud of you!

Kingoftypos
08-09-12, 12:30 AM
But he's from South Carolina. :-/

KOT

ShapeShifter
08-09-12, 02:58 AM
lol, couldn't think of any clever quote or quip from SC.:hmm:

Kingoftypos
08-09-12, 07:52 AM
The Wright Brothers would be proud...

Nope, that's North Carolina, dang got that wrong too.

KOT

ShapeShifter
08-09-12, 08:51 AM
If it was Texas, we'd have lots of ammunition....from LBJ's colorful quotes to the numerous bumbling remarks made by George W...lol. But, do true Texans really claim G.W. as one of their own?

Ok, all kidding aside; there's a real need for more Supporting Members!

josney
08-09-12, 09:10 AM
that was my only point, no matter where i am from.

Ok, all kidding aside; there's a real need for more Supporting Members!

ShapeShifter
08-09-12, 09:48 AM
Yea, I knew the exact meaning of the emphasis of your post. Hope you got that my reply was paraphrasing the quote from the old western novel "The Virginian". Was once an iconic comeback ("when you call me that, SMILE!") when someone swore at another...just not used and recognized much these days. Then agin, I ramble on too much anyway.lol

josney
08-09-12, 10:00 AM
no problems bud!! its all good

Yea, I knew the exact meaning of the emphasis of your post. Hope you got that my reply was paraphrasing the quote from the old western novel "The Virginian". Was once an iconic comeback ("when you call me that, SMILE!") when someone swore at another...just not used and recognized much these days. Then agin, I ramble on too much anyway.lol

Tlorenzen
08-09-12, 01:29 PM

Inspiration. lol is there anyway to pay without paypal though? I was gonna but I don't have paypal and dont really want to sign up for it.

Although I've never really found the adds that annoying, I feel I should give something for all the help this place has given me.

CTSUK
08-09-12, 02:05 PM
<3 Google addblock :cool:

Rolex
08-09-12, 10:55 PM
I'm moving this meaningful and well thought out thread to the site questions and feedback forum.

:moved: FNG

JimmyH
08-12-12, 08:06 PM
fwiw, we never used to have video ads. The lack of supporters was one of the reasons the former owner of this site was forced to sell to autoguide. We now have more ads, including video ads. Doesn't really bother me. I have a fast connection and keep my audio muted.

talismandave
08-12-12, 11:58 PM
For the person who stops in once in a while, they have some ads and a free place for info and advice. If you spend enough time on the site that ads would become annoying, it is probably a good indicator that it's time to support the site and become a paying member.

Lord Cadillac
08-13-12, 01:10 PM
Cadillac sites don't get 100s of direct advertisers like Corvette and Camaro sites. Ads are annoying, I agree - but they're a necessary evil. I see as much as a guest does and I'm an admin.