Cadillac Owners Forum banner

09 CTS memory seat exit/entry

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  next2pool 
#1 ·
When I exit my car my memory seat moves rearward for easier exit. However when I open my door to get in the seat moves forward to my driving position making it almost impossible to get in. You would think that the seat would stay in the rear position until the car is started and then move to the driving position. At least that's the way my Infinity did it.

#7 ·
The memory functions work differently between the two keyless entry systems. The keyless start system (key in the fob) activates memory functions when you open and close the door. The key start system (key not in fob) activates when you start the car or when you pull the key out of the ignition.

#3 ·
"09 CTS premium luxury, all loaded up and mine does this as well. I've learned to deal with it by pushing the easy exit button located between the memory buttons 1 & 2, as soon as I get the door open, to halt the movement. It will have started to close up but by doing this I still have plenty of room to enter the driver's seat.

#4 ·
Mine does this as well as soon as the door is opened (keyless entry system). So what I did was set the DIC option to not move the seat nor steering wheel automatically. After I get in the car, I press 1 and the steering wheel and seat move to where I want them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.