: Vogue Tire Problems (Tread wear)

Prince28l
08-04-12, 10:35 AM
Hey I couldn't find any other post regarding these, so I apologize in advance if this is redundant. Over the last 4 years I have been through 4 completely new sets of vogue tires ((3) 17" and (1) 18"). And they all seem to encounter the same problem in the front end of my 01 deville the tread always seems to wear down on the outer edges only. This normally happens after about 6 months of driving, Then I normally just rotate the back to the front before its gets bad. Once the the tread wears down on the edges I start to get a vibration around 55mph. Which I normally don't notice until I drive home from school.

I have had my suspension inspected my multple dealers(Which they All said was fine), I have also had my tie rod ends changed 2x, and I try to make sure that My alignments is always up to par.

I normally just sell my old vogues (Before they get noticeably bad) to purchase news every year or so and I typically break out even, so I'm not really losing any money. It's just more of an annoyance to have to keep going through these changes.

I just bought a upgraded to a set of 18" factory chrome wheel's and vogues and I would like to keep these fresh as long as possible, So if any one has any solutions for the tread to wear more evenly an significantly slower PLEASE HELP!!! And I'm I the only person with this problem???

*Just a side note I've seen a few posts about trouble keeping the white walls clean, and I use a Bleach White, and a Brillo Pad and they shine like new, now if only they stayed that way!

Submariner409
08-04-12, 11:07 AM
What air pressure, cold, are you running cold ??

Outer front treadwear - weak front springs and/or excessive cornering speeds, maybe excessive toe-in. Front camber.

You could always change to a better tire. There are quite a few most excellent all-season tires with very long treadwear specs.

Vogue does have some decent NHTSA treadwear specs, though............ http://www.iseecars.com/tire-ratings/vogue-tire-ratings

Eninety2
11-27-12, 11:00 PM
What air pressure, cold, are you running cold ??

Outer front treadwear - weak front springs and/or excessive cornering speeds, maybe excessive toe-in. Front camber.

You could always change to a better tire. There are quite a few most excellent all-season tires with very long treadwear specs.

Vogue does have some decent NHTSA treadwear specs, though............ http://www.iseecars.com/tire-ratings/vogue-tire-ratings

While I agree, those who run Vogues do so for a reason.

I would suggest switching at least temporarily to a less expensive tire till you get the front end figured out.