Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Best way to price your Cadillac CTS?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
I'm trying to track the value of my Cadillac CTS every so often, as close as possible, to understand when and if it's best for me to move onto a new vehicle. Since my trade-in would eventually act as a down payment.

What is the best resource in your mind for getting a decently accurate estimate?

For reference, I bought a 08 Cadillac CTS with the premium luxury package for ~$32k a little over a year ago. 28k miles, if I recall correctly. Being 27 and somewhat of a quick shopper with cars, I'm not sure if I got a good deal then, but its no matter. Heck, my first purchase was a 09 Acura TSX lease 3 years prior to that... a mistake I regret, seeing as I threw away money with that deal. At least in this case, I feel like I could keep this car for easily another 5 years.

#3 ·
All car deals are money thrown away, to some extent. But money is only good for what it can buy you. Some things give more lasting value for the money. Not so cars, at least as far as resale goes. Some cars hold better resale value than others, but that's all. Return on investment is a different story though, since people buy their cars for all kinds of reasons, beyond the basic need or want of transportation. If you enjoy it, that's great and ROI is good, but if not, because it was the wrong fit, or was a lemon for example, well that's poor ROI. If you paid more than it was worth is always debatable and happens to us all somewhere, sometime and is mostly between a purchaser and his wallet. You can always get more money, albeit it may not be enough, but you can NEVER get more time. If you can afford to pay more to save time, well, good for you. Remember why you bought the car and may you get much enjoyment out of it until it's time for another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.