: 95 Deville Concours aftermarket stereo install (active audio) HELP!

truedrew
08-03-12, 11:24 AM
i have a 95 concours. i love my car but want to upgrade the stereo system to new and cool. i already have a pioneer avh-p1400dvd double din. i have been researching on the internet for weeks on how to install this stereo to no avail due to it is an active audio unit. i see lots on the bose and base model but mine is neither.i know i have 11 speakers and the amp< and tuner in the trunk.from what i understand its alot of rewireing wich i have no problem with for something i enjoy but im not sure i understand how to do it. i gather mixed ways to install like rewireing the whole thing or leaving the radio in the trunk hooked up to the tuner and so on. my goal is to use the factory amp and install an aftermarket stereo. im pretty sure im gonna have to rewire the amp and all that great time consuming stuff but im not sure if i am going to have issues with removing the amp tuner and head unit and not have problems with anything else ( factory alarm,flashing lights,engine stalling or security......)i have read some horrific problems coming from an install like this but not from a 95 concours or active audio system. i am looking for the color codes to the amp, stereo, and tuner if possible to wire the harnesses all together and run the amp in the "same way" as its original state. any advice,links,pictures or stories would be greatly appreciated. i love my car but am not happy with the factory stereo and this tuner thing. its the first caddy ive owned and wont be my last im sure and its definately not the first system i have installed a few hundred between friends and my own vehicles but never one so complicated. please heeeellllllpppppp as im dien for a new stereo.

truedrew
08-05-12, 10:22 AM
Noone has any tips or advice at all? Wow. Kinda shocked I've always turned to this site for some kind of answers and atleast found a work around and now nothing.....wow is all I can say

still_walkin
08-06-12, 02:34 AM
It all depending on what you want done either PM me of post your questions here . I'm sure I can help

truedrew
08-06-12, 06:42 AM
I did ask in ny original post at the top of the page. In wanting to install an in dash dvd player in my 95 concours but it has active audio and the tuner seems to be in the trunk. Is there a harness for it or do i just rewire it and will it mess with the security also if at all possible id like to find the color code to the original amp do i can still use it any help or advice woulf be appr
eciated

Miwerl
01-01-13, 03:40 PM
I am haveing the exact problem. My towns audio experts said I have to rewire everything because of that active audio. I was wondering what u figured out and if u could give me some advice.

juleusmac
01-01-13, 03:48 PM
Go to the shop and get it done... The wrong two wires touch and u can have a bigger problem... I hooked a deck up in my 87 and lost my gas and ac gadges.

still_walkin
01-01-13, 07:47 PM
Rewire it save yourself a headache

Tankboy40
11-06-13, 08:30 AM
I have had this experience also... I ended up leaving the factory wiring in place, but ran ALL new wiring (including speaker wiring) from the new h/u and it works just fine...