: Fair price for 2009 V for 12-13k on it

blue89bird
08-03-12, 10:14 AM
Local dealer just got a trade in 2009 V with about 12-13k on it. It's a thunder grey, manual car. Not sure if it has sunroof or Recarros. Apparently is has some sort of coil over system
installed along with aftermarket wheels/tires (though the OEM wheels/tires come with it).

They're going to be asking 45-48k for it. I'm not really interested in the aftermarket wheels/tires and wouldn't pay anything extra for them. As for the suspension, it's nice, but again IMO aftermarket suspension isn't worth extra money for me. I wouldn't not get the car with it, but I also wouldn't pay extra for it, especially since I'm sure they hammered him on the trade in value because of it as well.

Am I out of line to offer them 43-44k for it not including the aftermarket wheels?

What have you guys that have bought used in the last few months paid?

Houdini
08-03-12, 10:55 AM
I think you're right on money. It does have low miles for an 09 and if it has the recaros I'd say your price is pretty good. If they won't come down too much, tell them to throw in CPO warranty.

rjoffe
08-03-12, 11:53 AM
Sunroof and Recaros will make a difference in price.

Also what they did to the suspension may make a difference.

smackdownCTSV
08-03-12, 12:18 PM
Not at all. I'd offer even less pending options; wheels, trim, recaro's, and roof are $6K options. And 09s didn't have NAV as standard, so that's another $2K option. Also, check the GMVIS on it. Trade in/wholesale pricing on them are in the mid-high 30s. But in the end, it's your money, your choice as long as you're happy.

Karch
08-03-12, 01:03 PM
I think low 40's is about right. I've seen two that would accept $43K with 13K and 17K miles, back in February/March, and I believe the prices in general have softened about $2K-3K that past six months, but that's just me going by trends, not hard data (though I am pretty good at trending, kind of a hobby).

Trapspeed
08-03-12, 01:07 PM
Do not offer them a penny over fair vehicle value even with the extras. The seller didn't recoup the loss...they shouldn't gain anything.

4DR_ZR1
08-03-12, 03:37 PM
Apparently is has some sort of coil over system
installed along with aftermarket wheels/tires (though the OEM wheels/tires come with it).

Uh, if may give another viewpoint. Assuming there is still factory warranty remaining, 'IF' the suspension has been converted to coil-over, the suspension won't be covered, or who knows what else if a dealer wants to play games with you. Same thing goes for getting a CPO warranty as part of your negotiations. If it is a non-oem suspension... never gonna happen. Probably not a GMPP either.

Again, if the previous owner altered the suspension from the mag suspension, chances are there are other mods installed.
Then you are in a real gray area when trying to establish a value for this specific car. A 2009 V sitting on a dealer's lot with an aftermarket suspension (and other possible mods) is not a desirable product to move. They would have had to really low-balled the previous owner or made up a ton of $$ on the new vehicle sale. Or didn't realize what they took in on trade (bad:helpless:).

Private pty to private pty negotiations on a car like this would be another story for another day.

Avoid the car - unless you can purchase it for a major reduction in whatever the dealer is asking, and you are prepared for what you are buying. If the dealer can't move it, they'll just run it to auction.

blue89bird
08-03-12, 03:43 PM
Uh, if may give another viewpoint. Assuming there is still factory warranty remaining, 'IF' the suspension has been converted to coil-over, the suspension won't be covered, or who knows what else if a dealer wants to play games with you. Same thing goes for getting a CPO warranty as part of your negotiations. If it is a non-oem suspension... never gonna happen. Probably not a GMPP either.

Again, if the previous owner altered the suspension from the mag suspension, chances are there are other mods installed.
Then you are in a real gray area when trying to establish a value for this specific car. A 2009 V sitting on a dealer's lot with an aftermarket suspension (and other possible mods) is not a desirable product to move. They would have had to really low-balled the previous owner or made up a ton of $$ on the new vehicle sale. Or didn't realize what they took in on trade (bad:helpless:).

Private pty to private pty negotiations on a car like this would be another story for another day.

Avoid the car - unless you can purchase it for a major reduction in whatever the dealer is asking, and you are prepared for what you are buying. If the dealer can't move it, they'll just run it to auction.

The dealer knows what is done to the car. Apparently the current owner is a good customer that trades in his cars every 2-3 years and just got a new Escalade. From what he told me, it has adjustable suspension installed, aftermarket wheels and a CAI.

Good call about the warranty though, if the suspension is no longer covered, they'll have to lower the price accordingly. I'm personally a fan of the OEM wheels as well, so I have no interest in the aftermarket ones and don't want to pay a cent more for them.

Houdini
08-03-12, 05:37 PM
Yeah I guess I didn't even think about the coil over throwing a kink in the whole warranty thing. That does affect the value a lot. I wonder how hard the previous owner tracked it too....

Now I'm thinking 43 is high.

larry arizona
08-03-12, 06:04 PM
i wouldnt trust one darn thing a salesman at a dealer says about the previous owner and who cares if they are a good customer. Unless they give you the owners phone number (they cant and wont) and allow you to talk to the former owner and he is honest about the car you are left to make the decision based on the info you have. The car is modded with a coil over for a reason and that is road racing it. Look that thing over and see if it has any signs of racing. Scuffs, bronze hue to the front calipers (indicates race heat), see if the rotors and pad wear seem consistent with that mileage along with the tires, should have stock PS2's but they would be close to being spent at 13K. I would pass on it, there are so many clean and stock V's out there in the upper 40's that you can buy, its a fun journey to find the perfect V, Patience and you will get there.

youknooow
08-04-12, 02:57 PM
The CTS-V's stock suspension is integrated into that vehicles set-up..., if its not a crazy steal I would leave it alone; if you get a warranty you don't want to be in a position where dealers play a blame game on that suspension with you pertaining other possible problems.

smackdownCTSV
08-04-12, 03:59 PM
All this talk about warranty, it's a 2009, so pending the build date of an early/late build or service/delivery date, it wouldn't have more than 6 months left on it, if that.

ClarkkentCTSV
08-05-12, 03:07 AM
If it helps. I just bought a fully loaded V with all the options. Thunder gray A6 CPO with 33k. I got it for 41k

mrkool
09-02-12, 04:21 AM
If it helps. I just bought a fully loaded V with all the options. Thunder gray A6 CPO with 33k. I got it for 41k

wow that is a good price. did you pick up the v locally? also what year?

ClarkkentCTSV
09-02-12, 06:06 AM
wow that is a good price. did you pick up the v locally? also what year?

It's a 2009 with every possible option and completely stock with new tires. I flew into Kentucky and drove
back home to Miami. Traveling expenses including gas and food $350. Driving it home for the first time for
over 1000miles Priceless!

Karch
09-02-12, 01:43 PM
Wow..that's cheap travel expenses. I am considering a 1600 mile journey, and with airfare, two nights in a hotel, about 80+ gallons of gas (probably $4/gal average), I am thinking more of shipping it.

thebigjimsho
09-03-12, 12:53 AM
Wow..that's cheap travel expenses. I am considering a 1600 mile journey, and with airfare, two nights in a hotel, about 80+ gallons of gas (probably $4/gal average), I am thinking more of shipping it.

Go get it. I did 2000 miles in 2 days, no hotel. Just 5 Hour Energy...

Karch
09-03-12, 03:53 PM
Go get it. I did 2000 miles in 2 days, no hotel. Just 5 Hour Energy...

I know, and appreciate that, but I've got a wife and two boys at home, and three business trips planned, so it might be a tough sell here. Thanks for the encouragement. ;)

ClarkkentCTSV
09-04-12, 06:58 PM

I kept the cost down by just driving straight through 16hr drive. I budgeted for a one night hotel stay, but
just kept going as I was making great time and wanted to get home. My wife still thinks I'm crazy!

larry arizona
09-04-12, 07:30 PM
I was planning to fly and drive 20hrs for my V. The day before I bought my plane ticket I found the PERFECT V deal (beyond perfect) private party 1 mile from where I work. I was kinda sad not to get to experience the fly and drive. It would have been the BEST 20 hr drive of my life (done many, longest was 31hrs straight).

Still stunned by the whole deal.

msp1055
09-05-12, 09:37 PM
Loaded 2009 Radiant Silver 19k on the clock with new tires, one owner, cpo, 43k out the door. I drove 10 hours back and forth in one day.